Chapter 21: The end of a battle.

"So if I can't win back my memories, I promise to do double everything I've done before to repay you."

"Promises are the most important thing humans possess."

-------------

A feline with a cold look on her face stepped out of a helicopter in the middle of a battlefield. She looked around to see that absolutely all the vegetation was burned. As was the ground, and to be honest, it looked like a cathastrophe had befallen the area. Kal'tsit put her hand in front of her eyes to protect herself from the wind generated by the aircraft's propeller, but her gaze soon fell on the troops of Rhodes Island and the L.G.D. Behind her, Ace also got off the aircraft, acting as her escort, along with two other elite Rhodes operators.

One had to admit, the feline was pulling quite a face. Which was understandable when one knew that she had been called by Amiya in tears in the middle of the night, screaming about the doctor's death. The elite operator and the doctor began to walk to the gathering and some people stepped aside to let them pass. Until a pile of bones came into her field of vision. All gathered around the pile of bones, some were praying, some were crying, and the others did not know what to think but were filled with sadness. A few inches from the bones Amiya was curled up in a ball, crying incessantly, and Misha next to her was doing the same. Kal'tsit knew immediately that the bones were the doctor's and her eyes widened.

So did Ace's, who slowly removed his sunglasses.

Ace: Holy shit...

There was no doubt about it. No human being on earth could survive this.

Kal'tsit knelt down in front of the bones and began to caress Amiya's head, heartbroken to see her so sad. But her sadness although not reflected on her face was just as great as the cautus'. An instinctive sadness. For the two people she loved the most in this world, the first one was probably dead and the second one had seen the pillar of her mind die before her eyes. The feline looked at the bones and her voice rose.

Kal'tsit: Is everything here?

She looked around but no one answered her directly. Andreanna was also crying, but not as much as Exusiai, who seemed to be on the verge of despair. In the middle of the two women was W who surprisingly seemed sad too but not to tears. Although she didn't even know why. The sarkaz nodded slowly bringing an answer to the lynx.

Kal'tsit: Ace knife.

...

Kal'tsit: Ace!

Ace: S-sorry...

The imposing elite operator unhooked a knife from his combat vest and held it out to the feline who grabbed it and the doctor's skull. The skull being uncoupled from the spine she turned it to look at the back of it under the curious and almost worried eyes of the members of Rhodes Island. Taking the dagger in her hand she pierced a small hole in the back of the skull and seemed to empty the ashes from it before looking inside looking for something with the blade to finally hit something. Pulling the knife out of Sebastian's skull she found a few drops of blood at the end of the blade.

Her scientific mind began to compile information to find a solution to this thorny problem. But it is at this moment that she began to thank projekt Red inside. Because if the lupo was used to sleep in the doctor's bed, she had also followed the orders of the feline and replaced Sebastian's oripathy monitor for a more powerful model during his sleep to better observe his vital signs. And to understand a little better his supernatural capacities...

The information given by the bracelet allowed the feline to decide her next actions.

Kal'tsit: Ace, the bag.