6: An Ice Cream Flavor and A Dance

"Hi, Marinette."

Marinette Dupain-Cheng's fight or flight immediately kicked, recognizing the voice of the boy standing behind her.

"Uh, what?" 'okay that was kinda harsh' She turned to face him as the last of the students trickled out of the schoolroom.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You seem upset." He said.

"Well yeah, I woke up late and barely made it here on time and was not ready to talk to you." She said rolling her eyes, slightly annoyed at the dumb statement.

"Do you want me to leave or something?" He put his hand on the back of his neck nervously.

"Well I didn't say that but not everyone wants to talk to you all the time." She got defensive, a bit of a survival tactic if you asked her.

"Well then what do you want me to do?" He seemed frustrated. Marinette needed to get out of this situation.

"I want you to stop asking me questions and leave me alone." She spoke a bit louder this time hoping to get her point across without being too confrontational or rude. She wasn't taking her chances. She needed to get out of here. Marinette didn't want a repeat of history. She rushed out of the room leaving a confused and slightly mad Adrien.

--:-:--

"She did what?!" Nino yelled over the phone.

"She got mad at me and I don't know why. I'm so confused. All I did was ask her if she was okay." Adrien explained.

"I'll try to talk to her later. She doesn't have the best experience with people in any kind of power so she tends to avoid them." Nino explained.

"What happened?" Adrien asked.

"That's not my story to tell. If you ever get to have a conversation with her then maybe she'll tell you."

"Well alright thanks for telling me. I'll talk to you later then. Bye Nino."

"Bye dude see you later." And with that Nino hung up the phone.

What could possibly have happened to Marinette for her to be that hostile towards those kinds of people? It was a really stupid fear. It seemed like nowadays Adrien had more questions in her head than answers. It was frustrating. Maybe she could talk to Ladybug about it later. She was her only other friend other than Chloé and Nino of course.

Speaking of Ladybug. She and Adrien decided to set a patrol time every few nights. Just to make sure everything in Paris is well and there are no hidden akumas. Adrien thought it was a smart idea you never know what's gonna happen. Better safe than sorry they say. They set the patrol time to 10pm. That way it would seem as if Adrien was already asleep and no one would bother her. Another smart idea this time on her part.

--:-:--

"-yeah but waterparks have more rides," Marinette stated strongly, attempting to make a convincing argument.

"But you're missing the point Mari, there are so many people that you end up standing in line for HOURS before you even get on one," Nino argued back making a stronger point.

"Fine, fine you win. How did we even get on this topic again?" The two had been talking for a few hours now on a bench at the park because Nino said he had something to ask her.

"I have no idea honestly but I won the argument so you gotta buy."

"Oh come on! That's a cheap trick and you know it."