Kiara Advani { Indian Actress }

Alia Advani (born 31 July 1992), known professionally as Kiara Advani ( is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Hindi films. After making her debut in Fugly (2014), she played a supporting role as M. S. Dhoni's wife in the sports biopic M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016).

Advani's career advanced with a critically praised role in the anthology film (2018), and for playing the leading lady in the political thriller (2018), and the Hindi films (2019), (2019), (2020) and (2021).

Kiara Advani was born to Jagdeep Advani, a businessman and Genevieve Jaffrey, a teacher whose father was a from and whose mother was a British Christian

Born as Alia Advani, she changed her first name to Kiara prior to the release of her first film, , in 2014. Her choice of the name was inspired from 's character Kiara in the film (2010). She has stated that it was 's suggestion to change her name, as was already an established actress.

Advani debuted into with 's 2014 comedy , that also had an ensemble cast of , , , and . of said: "Kiara Advani catches you completely unaware" and has the "combination of looks and talent". Mehul S Thakkar of noted her performance as being "very striking" and said she "shows a lot of promise". It underperformed at the box office.

In 2016, Advani was seen in 's sports film —an official biopic of popular cricketer who was the former captain of . While was selected for Dhoni's role, she played his wife Sakshi Rawat, a hotel manager. One of , it earned ₹216 crores worldwide. In 2017, she played newcomer Mustafa Burmawalla's love interest in the directed action thriller . It was a box office disappointment.

Advani then made her debut with the 2018 anthological movie , dealing with female sexuality and consisting of four segments. In 's segment, she played a newly married wife whose husband (played by ) fails to recognise her sexual dissatisfaction. Writing for , Raja Sen found her to be "positively lovely" in it. By entering , she signed the starrer , a political actioner from about a student who unexpectedly becomes chief minister of . Janani K of opined that she "shines in her brief role" but added that her character was "more of an eye-candy who doesn't add any purpose to the story". The film earned ₹225 crores worldwide, making it one of . In September 2018 a music video named "Urvashi", sung by , was released featuring her and . 

Her next appearance was in 's romantic drama alongside Shahid Kapoor. An adaptation of Vanga's 2017 Telugu movie , it is about the titular character, played by Kapoor, who goes on a self-destructive path and becomes an alcoholic surgeon after his lover, played by Advani, marries someone else. Critics responded negatively to the film's depiction of and . Her final role that year was in Raj Mehta's comedy film , about two couples' tryst with . Reviewing the film for , Udita Jhunjunwala found her to be "endearing as the god-fearing expectant mother-to-be". Both Kabir Singh and Good Newwz rank among the .

In 2020, Advani starred in , a Netflix thriller film about sexual assault. Ektaa Malik of considered the film to be a "lost opportunity" and added that Advani's character had been "reduced to the 'tortured-artistic-creative' types" while Rohan Naahar of wrote, "Kiara delivers an absolutely electric performance as the unreliable Nanki, a fiery college student with a fondness for Faiz." During the same year, she was seen as the wife of in the horror comedy , a remake of the film . Instead of theatres, Laxmii was directly released online owing to . It received mixed reviews. Abir Sengupta's directorial debut (2020), one of the first Bollywood films to release in theatres post reopening and amid the 50% occupancy guideline due to the pandemic, featured Advani as a girl based in , who finds love in dating apps.

She next featured in 's next production, the 2021 action war film , which is based on the life of army officer (played by ) as his fiancee. The film released on 12 August on .

Kiara Advani's Upcoming projects

Advani will star opposite in 's of the 2007 supernatural comedy . Additionally, Advani is reuniting with Dharma Productions and Mehta for the romantic comedy film , where she is paired opposite . She has also signed to play one of the lead opposite and in Dharma Productions action comedy film Govinda Naam Mera, directed by , and in an untitled trilingual film directed by co-starring .