It was only a kiss (3)

"Are you actually sure you want to leave?" Eddie asked helping me pack my stuff in the back of my car. I wanted to stay but it was too hard, I seen that bitch on the news everyday and it just hurts too much.

"I'm sure. My family is there Tate Will love it" I said trying to convince myself more that I was trying to convince Eddie. He looked at me after closing the boot with a sympathetic smile. "What?"

"He hurt you and I wish I knew what possessed him to fuck up something so good with someone like you" he looked down at me with his big brown eyes making me smile.

"What do you mean?" I smirked.

"You're just amazing" he sighed smiling down at me. I felt myself begin to lean in and just as I was about to step back his lips hit mine softly but with passion.

"Sorry" I let out an awkward chuckle when we parted.

"Don't be sorry, I'll miss you" he admitted. Tate was already strapped in the back ready for the journey to the airport so I got myself in the car and drove away waving to Eddie one last time. In any other circumstances I would have probably felt terrible I kissed my husbands best friend but we were already over. Earlier in the day I had tried to call Buck to tell him I was leaving soon and he could come by Eddie's to say bye to Tate but it had gone to voicemail so I left him one. I had waited for him to turn up and at least fight for me to stay but he didn't so I guess I knew how he felt about us.

"Is daddy coming?" Tate asked from the back seat. I looked in the review mirror to see his eyes welling with tears. I felt terrible but this was for the best, I could get more help from my family with Tate. Plus they rarely get the chance to see him with us living so far away.

"No baby daddy isn't coming but we'll be back to visit real soon" I tried my hardest to calm him down. I'm not a total monster obviously I'm going to come back for Tate to visit his dad but for now I just need to focus on my mental health.

"Is he mad you kissed uncle Eddie?" My eyes went wide I hadn't noticed that he had seen that.

"No baby he's not" I gulped.

-
Buck POV

I had just woke up with a banging head, last night I had went out and gotten home 4am. I tried to forget about y/n leaving but it just made me feel worse. When I opened my phone I noticed a voicemail from y/n.

"Evan it's y/n... I'm leaving with Tate today in about 3 hours so if you want to say goodbye to our son you know where to find me"

My whole face dropped hearing that she was leaving so soon. I checked when the voicemail had been sent and it's been 20 minutes over 3 hours. I rushed to get changed and ran out to my car immediately racing over to Eddie's and when I noticed her car was gone I didn't bother to get out. I kept driving to the airport, I needed to fight for my family.

I ran through the airport like a mad man trying to spot my wife in the crowd but it was no use. I checked the flight times and noticed that her flight had been delayed, this gave me a chance to at least find her. "Y/n!" I shouted hoping that she'd hear me over the noise of the airport. I seen Tate sat beside her on a bench. "Y/n" i called out for her and she turned to look at me. She looked very surprised to see me.

"I thought you were going to miss saying bye to Tate" she folded her arms looking at our son who I had in my arms.

"Look I know I hurt you but you can't take him from me" I had pleading eyes. "I love you y/n
y/m/n Buckley don't leave me"

"I love you too" she whispered back standing up and wrapping her arms around me. I didn't know what this meant but having her in my arms felt right.

"You forgave Mammy for kissing uncle Eddie?" Tate asked me and I looked down at y/n who stepped back from our embrace.

"You kissed Eddie?" My face scrunched in confusion. "When did this happen"

"After you kissed her" I sighed sitting down and placing Tate beside me so I can burry my head in my hands.

"Did you like it?" I asked not daring to look up scared of her answer.

"It was before I left, it didn't even mean to happen" she admitted I looked up to see the guilt on her face.

"I still love you" I mumbled.

"I still love you too"

"Please don't leave we can try get passed this" I pleased and surprisingly y/n grabbed the suitcases and agreed to go back home with me.