2

The sound of a mechanical fan whirring blocked out the muffled noise outside the office. The sound of security cameras being switched constantly ring through her ears.

It was rather a slow day, which means fewer snobby brats and trouble-maker teenagers to worry off.

Adults these days were starting to not care when it comes to their children around the mall- which was an irresponsible idea to do so, since the pizzaplex or whatever that is, was enormous.

She sighed from her mouth from exhaustion, clicking the buttons numerous times as she lazily glimpses at the cameras.

She doesn't have to worry that much, Freddy and the gang were currently performing, meaning that everyone's attention was all on theirs.

She groaned, leaning back to her office chair. She has been getting migraines lately, the pain biting her head was insane.

She opened a compartment below her desk, shuffling through the drawer until she found a-

Aha! Pain killers, a pill to kill the pain. Why do I even bother.

Popping one on her mouth, she grab her mug filled with water and swallowed it in one go- the pill disappearing on her mouth quickly.

It hasn't affect her yet, so she has to wait for a few minutes, a few agonizing long minutes.

She huffed, glancing at the room around her. It was quite messy, she wasn't an organized person to begin with.

She needs to take off the withering posters down, and probably scrub off the sticky goo.

Disgusting, she thought- or she can just leave it for the STAFF bots.

She can be clever at times.

Her desk was untidy too. Some paper work, documents, children's terrible drawings, and some empty bag of chips- she needs to restock her snacks.

She wasn't in the mood to eat salty foods, nope. She already ate too much- she has mercy on her tongue.

Maybe something sweet?

She thought for a minute, might as well make a trip to the kitchen and fetch some strawberries.

Chocolate sounds good too.

Turning her attention back to the countless monitors, her half-lidded eye staring at them.

She noticed something strange, something at the entrance.

She swiftly picked her headphones and tune in the sound.

It was-

Her eyes widened.

It was a limping child. They look terrible like they were beaten up badly. Oh, god. She gulped, they look like they need help- no, they need help.

Surely, there are some guards or employees that noticed them, right? She thought to herself, her fingers drumming across her desk as she waits impatiently.

Any minute now, someone should show up.

Someone should show up and help them.

She held her breath.

Come on, come on. Someone, anyone. Help them.

Go help them.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Fuck it.

Ripping out the headphones on her head, she dashed out of the office, leaving her place. The sound of heavy footsteps echoed the hallway, pushing the door open, she ran towards the entrance door of the mall.