3

They were uncomfortable.

The busy crowd ahead of them was loud, nosy, and cheery. A pool of excited children, adults that are tired of life, and emotional teenagers flocked the main floor. The place was lively, even when things go south.

The 'plex has a bright ambiance, the smell of cotton candy and air freshener- and if their nose was sensitive enough- if they have a keen sense of smell, they could whiff off a scent of rusting metal. Or what they presume are metal.

They have a lively day ahead, getting ready, performing a show, meeting the kids, fixing minor damage, being starred in a birthday party, then repeat. It was fantastic, the predictable events in their lives were fantastic.

They love it, being loved by people, being looked up to by people.

They were programmed to perform, that's what they said. Each one of them holds a special place in the audience's hearts.

They were happy- content to give entertainment to people, especially children.

They were happy for the first time, that they bring joy to the world. They were happy the second time, giving out a bright smile. They were happy for the third time, puffing their chests proudly or raising their fists in achievement.

For the hundredth time, they weren't sure anymore. They all keep repeating the same words over and over again. They were confused why the audience screams every time they were in the line of sight.

It shocks them, how people loved them no matter what they do. It was overwhelming, that people expects them to repeat the same process over and over again.

But they were programmed to do it, so it won't be a hassle, right?

He was programmed to sing, to be the star of the show, to be the leader of the band. He was loved by all, the all-time favorite animatronic. So that means he must do his best, to give out his all no matter what.

He must wear a bright, friendly smile on his face. He must be happy at all times. He must be hospitable and caring. He must be alert and precise. But was he programmed to? He doesn't know if all his traits and actions were made by him, or if he was only coded to.

He was the bass of the band, the bringer of rock n' roll. He inspired many children- he may not be the number one animatronic in their hearts, but he was still loved by all.

But at the same time, he was feared- thought to be a cynical animatronic.

But what was he supposed to do? Children were tampering him! Riding his tail, hugging his legs, trying to ride his shoulder.

He was programmed to entertain- dammit. Not be a jungle gym for brats!

She was the best, the girl boss of the four. She would rock the keys on her board and everyone would cheer. Just a swish of her tail and everyone will be in awe.

But they were also cautious around her.

But why would they? She's giving them what they wanted- a snarky, egotistical animatronic who could fight back!

Maybe she wasn't doing it hard enough? Maybe they wanted more? If they do, will she be upgraded? Change her programming?

Why wasn't she programmed to be a narcissist anyway? Don't they want the best for their audience?

She doesn't know, but she's trying.

She was a talented, and energetic cute chick, a girly pastel goth. All of the parents 'princess' aspire her- adore, even. She would shred the guitar and everyone will go insane. But was she good enough? Was she someones' favorite?

She always wear her friendly smile, her bright aura, her joyful eyes- but there was so much more behind them.

Why was she like this? Is this from stress? From anxiety??

Is this normal? Or is this a kind of coping mechanism?

Are robots supposed to cope? To have bad habits?

She couldn't stop, it was disgusting, awful- and if she could, it made her feel nauseous. The awful stench following her everywhere- she hates it. That there was the only thing she has in mind. The one thing she wishes to avoid, but inevitably can't.

Was she like this in the first place?

No- yuck, no! She was completely fine! She can remember it like yesterday- when she doesn't have this addicting habit.

What went wrong? Was there an accident during her maintenance? During her repair?

Was there someone messing with her code?

She hoped to be fixed one day, even when it takes months- years. She'll cling in that little hope that she will be normal again- that she'll act humanely.

They all do.

They all want to be humane- to have what humans have.

Freedom, perhaps. Or maybe it was too much.

They just wish that someday, something interesting will happen. Good or bad, they want something new.

Something unpredictable.

Even if it costs many lives.

In short- they were tired.