CHAPTER 3: A light magic user

Chapter 3

The real world

 Me and Jima have been living by ourselves since then. Our father died when we were only 15 years old, when we were still juniors in "kia University". Our mother died giving birth to us, so we never remembered her. 

so far, me and Jima has been living well, not everyone can be a senior elite student, you need to be skilled enough to pass the exam to be one, not everyone can also graduate after they enter the senior stage, we are fortunate that we are in our last years, in my batch there are 10 senior elites standing, this year sure are full of brilliant people. But me and Jima will work the hardest.

__________________________________

"It's getting late now… I better rest and prepare for tomorrow."

***

The next day at the dorm hall.

"Jina, did you rest well?"

"Yeah, how about you?"

"Well, I dreamed of father last night…"

"..."

"It's about that demon–"

"HEY!~ good morning you two~"

"..."

"Oh! Good morning Alex."

"Oh, hey Alex good morning to you too."

"It's Tuesday… apparently we're gonna look after some juniors today, they're having a combat lesson." 

"What are there for anyways? We have better things to do."

"I don't know… we're seniors, so I guess just seeing the future generation that are gonna replace us hahaha." 

"..." 

"Alex… we still haven't put anything in our names yet, we're nobody's."

"Not everyone can be a senior elite jina." 

"Sooo… are we going to the training area?"

"Nope, we're going to the arena." 

"What?! Is this gonna be serious? The arena really??!" 

"Apparently... that's what I heard, there's going to be amazing talents today, I CAN'T WAIT!!!"  

"Why haven't we heard anything about this?" 

                                ***

*At the school arena*

"Jina, jima and Alex, good thing you weren't late, y'all are the only ones that are not here yet I was gonna punish anyone that was late, minus points."

"Wait… professor."

"Zzzz Zzz" the sound of the mic.

"mic test  1   2   3." 

"HELLO EVERYONE WELCOME!!! I'M GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE ATTENDING TODAY, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR SENIORS THAT IS WILLING TO GIVE US THEIR TIME TO BE WITH US HERE TODAY WITH OUR PROMISING JUNIORS IN OUR HONORABLE UNIVERSITY, NOW YOU MAY WE WONDERING…"

[Why is prez staring at me? - jina]

"WHY ARE WE ALL GATHERED HERE TODAY? 

"..."

"OVER A THOUSAND YEARS HAS PAST… OUR KINGDOM HAS ONCE AGAIN BLESSED US WITH A LIGHT USER, WE HAVE FOUND A COMMONER  WHO CAN CONTROL THE POWER OF LIGHT MAGIC!!"

"murmur murmur"

"What??! Light magic??

"A light user has appeared."

"a commoner? Are you sure? For over centuries there hasn't been any records of a commoner possessing light magic."

"That's true, only royalty related has any history of possessing light magic." 

[A light magic user has appeared…-jina]

"YOU HAVE HEARD IT RIGHT PEOPLE! THIS POWER WILL BE THE  KEY TO FINALLY DESTROY THE DEMONS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!"

"Hmm… prof, when will the fighting begin? 

"What do you mean? Today we are here to witness the power of a light magic user. Really Alex you should stop being so violent."

[What the hell?! Fighting is literally my job.- Alex]

*Murmur

"You shouldn't be too hypocrite prof…"

"What was that?!"

"Hmm? Did y'all hear something?"

                              ***

*Yesterday, back in the classroom*

"Okay class, we're done for today. We're finishing early today. I have a teachers meeting going on. So goodbye."

*All together*

"Good bye sir."

"Hey jima, wanna go to the training area?"

"You wanna spar?" 

"Duhh!! Come on, we haven't seen each other in so long!! I miss the days when we spar all day until we faint!"

"Not today man, you might've left school for vacation and stayed in your mansion or whatever, but I was stuck in the dorms. The only thing I did was practice, practice, and practice until I almost dropped dead. I'm resting for today, so see ya." 

"Ohh man…" 

"Excuse me, is the class president here? Amm… Is senior jasmine here?" 

"Oh - Alex"

"Ohh! Yes?! Yes! Are you looking for me? What can I do for you?!

"Oh… sir Mikel asked for you."

"Are they still in the principal's office?"

"Yes, yes! They are still there handling the meeting."

" I see, thank you for telling me, I'll go right ahead." Smiles

*Tak take take* the sound of someone's heels.

[Omg!! Senior Jasmine is sooo kind and as expected so charismatic as always!!! Eeek - student (unknown)]

*1hour later*

"What am I even doing here?! Jina and jima ain't here. I better pack my things and head to the dorms. 

*Open* 

[Oh, class prez jasmine is back, that was fast. Well whatever… thanks for opening the doors for me lol - Alex]

"Oh ale– ahh!! Wait! Ella!!–"

[Did someone call my name? - Alex]

"Right… *panting* wait let me catch my breath…"

"Did you run??"

"Yeah… anyways, there will be no morning classes apparently, everyone will be going to the arenas early in the morning, the same time as our classes start."

[ No morning classes? Arena? There's definitely going to be a fight happening tomorrow, I better go.  - Alex]

"Okay… but what about the others? We finished class early today, everyones probably in the dorms or in the training area." 

"The boys have told already apparently…"

"It's just the other girls who haven't heard about it yet." 

"Can you tell them about it? I will be here late, I still have things to sort out, I already got my permission from the gatekeepers so."

"Sure?!"

"Great!! Thanks Ella. And by the way, I'm sorry about earlier this morning, I should have greeted you properly as the leader and the class president." Smiles 

"No prob."  Unbothered, have already forgotten all about it.

*When Ella was heading to the dorms she met the other girl in their class and told her about it. But when she finally arrived at the dorms she had forgotten all about it, that's why jina and jima didn't have a clue about what's going to happen tomorrow.