5 - HOT NEW NEIGHBOR

Nearing the house on your walk back home, you were thinking of ways to confront Toji to get him to give you back your keys so you could leave

Nearing the house on your walk back home, you were thinking of ways to confront Toji to get him to give you back your keys so you could leave. If you stayed any longer with him in the house, one of you would end up dead, and it wouldn't be you.

Totally zoned out with music playing through your headphones and not paying attention to your surroundings, you bump into a pedestrian passing by, knocking a box out of his hand. Clothes were now scattered in the sidewalk ground.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry about that. I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Don't be. I wasn't paying attention either", the person says.

You help the man pick up what had been knocked over and when you both stood up again, you notice his towering height.

This guy was tall, a little taller than Toji. He had the whitest hair you had ever seen and it resembled snow. He had light blue eyes the color of the ocean. It was almost freaky how beautiful he was.

"This one got dirty. Sorry." You hand him one of his shirts now drenched at the bottom in muddy water.

Only then did you notice the mover's truck in the road and people carrying boxes and furniture into the house next to yours, well, Toji's.

"Oh, you're moving in?"

"Yeah. I used to live in this area when I was a kid and I missed it here. It's peaceful, unlike the city."

"It is. The neighborhood is great and the people here are nice for the most part. Just a little too nosy for my liking."

"You live around here too?"

"I do, that one right next to yours actually. Probably not for much longer though."

"How come?"

You didn't feel like elaborating, especially to a total stranger you've known all of two minutes, so you kept things vague. "I just need a change in scenery. I've gotta go. I hope you enjoy it here though."

"Thanks. Maybe I'll see you around."

"Maybe."

You walk away from the man and to your door.

As soon as you walked inside, your phone rang.

"Erika, I was just about to call you.

"About what?"

"Some guy is moving in next door to me, well Toji, and let me tell you, he is hot."