Chapter 5: Enter the Bat and the Cat!

I lay in my bed for half an hour before accepting the fact that I wasn't going to sleep. So instead I decided to go to the Batcave. After some digging, I found Marinette's file.

Name: Marinette Dupain Cheng

Nationality: Chinese/French/Italian

Parents: Sabine Cheng (Baker) Tom Dupain (Baker)

Other known family: Gina Dupain (Grandma) Roland Dupain (Grandpa) Wang Cheng (Great uncle)

Occupation: Student of Collège Françoise Dupont, Paris Currently in 12 Grade (a/n in this story she is 17 and cause of French schooling that would mean she is in 12th Grade)

Extra information: Marinette has been accused of physical and cyber bullying, reportedly pushing an Italian student in her class named Lila Rossi down a set of stairs, sending death threat messages to Lila Rossi and theft of jewellery from Lila Rossi, motive being jealousy. She was expelled from the school but let back in when Lila Rossi apologised, claiming she had a rare lying disease, causing her to say and do things she doesn't mean.

 The information she had told them was true. But this Lila Rossi girl...Being a vigilante, I could read people very well, and even though Marinette was a bit harder to read, considering how closed of she was, I could easily tell that Marinette would never bully anyone. Let alone push a girl down a flight of stairs and steal from her. A rare lying disease? please. Anyone with eyes could see this was utter bullshit. Could this be the reason she decided to move away from Paris? When she first got there every time they asked her about her school she would vaguely answer or change the subject. She obviously didn't like talking about it. I'll discuss it with my family tomorrow I decided. Feeling proud of my night-time detective work, I went to bed.

Mari pov

I woke up around 5 in the morning today. 5 straight hours of sleep! 

"Good morning Marinette" a happy Tikki said.

"Good morning my Tikki" I replied with a smile.

"You seem happy, it's.. nice. I haven't seen you like this in a while!"

"y'know Tikki, for once in almost 4 years, I feel happy. No Lila or akumas to worry about or anything."

At that , I got out of bed and got ready for the day. I wore a pink hoodie with some black ripped jeans, with my hair in a ponytail.

hair still black/blue

I checked my phone and saw at least 10 calls from Chloe. Shoot. I completely forgot to call her! I called Chloe and heard, 

"MARINETTE DUPAIN CHENG HOW DARE YOU FORGET TO CALL ME DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS????"

After 5 mins of calming Chloe down and telling her what had happened the day before, (what the hell you're staying with the Waynes???), I dropped the call, in a very good mood indeed.

3rd person pov

It was 5:30 when she stepped out of the room and walked down to the kitchen. Alfred was in the dining room setting the table, so she didn't see her. The next half an hour went by in a blur. By 6:15 she had made breakfast, hell it was more of a buffet: bacon and eggs, croissants, pain au chocolates, pancakes, scrambled eggs and muffins. She hadn't even noticed the crowd growing behind her, watching her in awe.

Alfred pov

I had just come back from setting the table when I saw Marinette in the kitchen. She was the daughter of 2 bakers, and her uncle was a world famous chef with a restaurant in Shanghai, so I wasn't worried. I knew she wouldn't mess up my kitchen. If it had been Jason I would have dragged him out heels kicking if I had to. I felt a small smile on my face as I went to make sure the rest of the family was awake.