Chapter 16: Wayne Gala Part 2!

"Damn, your dad sure likes his parties" Marinette told Damien. There was time before the auction, where the money would go to charity, for the guests to mingle. And up in the line-up for the auction there was a very special item waiting in the back. She turned a few heads by her dress and her demeaner, her safe but powerful aura radiated from her, but she was used to it since she was ladybug, so it didn't bother her.

"You have no idea" he smirked. She laughed, but was cut short by-

"Marinette! How's my favourite niece?" a certain purple haired rock star shouted.

"Uncle Jagged? I didn't know you were coming!" she said, clearly ecstatic.

"Is Penny here?"

"Nope, she couldn't make it because she had some important work for my next album. She says hi." 

Even Clara managed to make it.

"Marinette my dear, how are you? I've missed you! Is Gotham okay?"

"Of course Clara, it's wonderful, and I've missed you all too" she smiled.

"I'm offended, what about me?" a familiar voice rand out behind her. That voice. She slowly turned around, and smiled. The figure hugged her,

"Course I missed you kitty."

"I know, how could you not princess?" Adrien chuckled. 

After seeing her he felt at ease. Like a small hole had been filled up inside of him. He still loved her more than anything, but he now realised, not that way. After he moved he couldn't shake the feeling of guilt of him, even thought his life was finally patching up the tear in their lives of what happened with mom and father. But he moved to London, he lives with his cousin, and though he was still a bit cold, they were as close as they used to be. Aunt Amelie had sort of been his mother figure in the past few months, and father had been opening up a bit more. Maybe it's because of that business was booming, with loads of new designs. And he swore that Natalie and father had feelings for each other, and maybe time will help them grow. For the first time in almost 6 years, he had a happy family. Although for himself he left his sister in the clutches of people who almost made he give up her life, and for that he was sorry. So unbelievably sorry that words couldn't express half of what he was feeling.

Then he saw it. There was something about her, he could just tell from her eyes that she definitely wasn't the same as when he left her. Around Adrien, her walls were down. That was how deeply she trusted him. He could tell when something was up. She had broken, terribly. Her eyes were like an old soldiers, but they looked, happier. She had found someone. And that made him feel protective. She hadn't told him. He hadn't met him.

"So, are you going to introduce me?" he asked, and she looked a bit surprised.

"to who?" she asked.

"I can tell, you met someone, haven't you"

"w-what?" she asked, flustered. He raised his brow.

"It's not official or anything like that, it's complicated" she said, chuckling.

"Will I be getting a name?" he asked. She sighed,

"Da-"

"Attention please, the auction will now be starting" Marinette internally exhaled of relief. She didn't want this to get awkward. The people gathered around the raised platform and Bruce said his bit, and then the head of the charity they were donating stepped up to hold the auction. 

She let the words wash over her, she wasn't really paying attention, her mind elsewhere, searching the room for a certain group of people. She had spent the days leading up to this mentally preparing herself for this. Trying to convince herself that they couldn't harm her anymore And even though she didn't know it, her guard was up, her walls that she had worked hard to break over the past few weeks, had rebuilt themselves in a matter of days. She was brought out of her thoughts by