Sweet & Sour Wolf

When Stiles and Derek woke up the morning of February 13th, they went about their usual morning routine starting with a hot shower. Stiles melted into the gentle touches of Derek's fingers trailing down his skin as he used a loofah to wash Stiles's body and Derek's wolf purred when Stiles did the same to him. They both loved when the other would massage the shampoo and then conditioner into their hair. It was something neither wanted to ever go a day without and therefore they always got up early to ensure they wouldn't. After all the soap had been washed away, they relaxed under the stream of hot water exchanging tender kisses where Stiles felt so treasured as Derek cupped his face.

After they had showered, dried off and gotten dressed they headed to the kitchen, Derek with a messenger bag over his shoulder and Stiles with a backpack, where they indulged in a healthy breakfast that Derek insisted they have every morning since it was the most important meal of the day. After that Derek and Stiles shared a deep kiss before getting into their vehicles and parting ways until that evening.

Derek went to work as a professor at the university and Stiles went to class at...the same university. Despite both being on campus they didn't really get to see each other which was disappointing, but it didn't mean they didn't text like crazy during the day when they could. However, this morning in particular Derek discovered that his classes that afternoon had been canceled at the President of the University's insistence. He was giddy with the idea to surprise Stiles at lunch which immediately became his plan for what he'd do during that free time. So, he packed up the papers he had ready to hand out to his students and headed towards the cafeteria the university treated its students to. It was huge and had so many options which Derek knew Stiles would take great pleasure in partaking of. As he scanned the room for his boyfriend, he heard the distinct voices of Stiles's friend group to his right and turned that way. He smiled as he watched Stiles laughing and watched as he tossed fries at Scott. Derek didn't want to interrupt just yet and figured he'd grab some food first and then send Stiles a text. So that's what he did, and he felt his stomach growl at all of the options. By the time he finally made a decision he realized how loaded his tray was with food and it would've been humorous to watch as he walked over to a table near the group of friends but still hidden. Derek sat down and began to eat before he pulled his phone out to text Stiles, but he paused when he overheard their conversation about their plans for Valentine's Day which made Derek smile.

Lydia Martin whom Derek had found out Stiles used to have the hugest crush on spoke up, "So Stiles? What are your plans for Valentine's Day?" Derek was curious what Stiles would say but he was quiet when Stiles spoke.

"Oh I don't have any plans guys. I'm just going to spend the night with my favorite person. My Sourwolf." Derek knew that made Lydia frown because of the tone she spoke with next.

"Stiles why don't you have plans themed for the holiday?" Derek listened to Stiles as he replied softly.

"Guys it doesn't matter to me what I do so long as it's with the man I love. Plus, Derek just...it's not his thing. It's not a make or break for me. Sure, I've thought about flowers, chocolate and such but to ask for them makes them not as special. I don't need anything but him. So, I vote on Chinese food, and a movie paired with cuddles. I love him and really that is what the holiday is about. Not gifts." Stiles's friend group was silent, and Derek could picture them all exchanging looks before Allison spoke.

"Stiles honey you should really tell Derek that you want those things." Lydia was quick to chime in.

"Yes. Allie is right. You absolutely should. Allie and I have been planning our Valentine's Day since Christmas." Scott looked at both of the girls and then looked at Stiles.

"That or just ask for mind-blowing sex. I mean because you know that's a thing too." Lydia and Allison exchanged a look before simultaneously scolding him.