Liyue and Chilis

I grabbed Bennett by the wrist, and he looked at me. He looked concerned.

"Hey Y/n," he asked quietly. I hummed in response.

"You seemed upset earlier, are you okay?"

My eyes widened. I couldn't tell him that. I can't tell him I used to go adventuring with-

"-n. Y/n!" I snapped out of it. "According to the map, this should be it. Does it look familiar?"

I nodded quickly and said, "Hey, careful. Lots of people hang around here who would recognize me at the drop of a hat. They would target you immediately. Watch your back here."

He looked scared. Not surprised.

"Hey, let's get going. If they see us, run like hell. Got it?"

He nodded. He seemed more confident now for some reason.

"I'm gonna protect you from those bad guys, N/n!" I blushed heavily. He already came up with a nickname for me?!

"Alright, come on, Benny."

He turned as red as his vision and we started down the hill.

About 10 minutes later, as I said, we were running like hell.

"You never told me those 'bad guys' were the fatui?!" he sputtered as we hid behind a wall. "How did you even become recognized by them, did you not pay a debt or something?!"

I deadpanned.

"Benny, I'll tell you when I'm ready. I just don't feel comfortable talking about it right now."

"Touche, ma'am. Here, watch this, hehe! Gonna be epic!"

He jumped in front of the agent with his pyro infused sword. I quickly casted a healing spell that would continuously heal him.

The fatui agent saw the spell and looked at me. I was on the verge of tears, but stayed strong. I made sure Benny didn't see my tear stained face. The agent hesitated. He knew. News spreads like wildfire there. No wonder. Benny took that as an opportunity to strike, and I watched the agent fall onto the ground, our eyes connecting. I whispered a quiet 'I'm sorry' as he hit the ground.

"Come on Benny. There's so much to see." I turned around and ran off, cursing myself along the way. The agent had nothing to do with the incident, but I subconsciously blamed them all for it. I felt awful knowing what I believed.

Benny caught up with me, Jueyun Chilis in tow.

"Look, Y/n! I found a whole bush of 'em!"

I genuinely was happy for the first time in a very long time. Maybe Benny can help me get over-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
author here!
not telling yall about this mysterious incident, but i have it all planned out! lets just say that its a little angsty lol

love yall
chara <3