18

10:00 AM, SATURDAY6 months later| CHICAGO, HIGHSCHOOL |CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

10:00 AM, SATURDAY
6 months later
| CHICAGO, HIGHSCHOOL |
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

"DO YOU SEE HER?" Dayvon heard, turning to Jayda's mother, who was lying on his shoulder, looking around

"Yeah, ma dukes. I see ha lil ass." He laughed, turning the camera towards the area that the graduates were sitting at. He zoomed in on Jayda who was talking to De'Arra, both of them wearing their caps and gowns, although Jayda had on a white, bodycon dress with clear pumps.

"Aye, pop, what time her lil party starts after this?" Von held Jayda's mother tightly as he turned to Jayda's father that was playing crossword puzzles while they waited for the ceremony to begin.

He looked up at Von, his glasses on the bridge of his nose. "6, son. You picked up the cake, right?"

"Yes sir."

Dayvon tilted his head so it was laying on top of Jaliya who was clutching a tissue in her palm.

Honestly, Dayvon had never been to graduation because he never graduated from high school. It was never a need for him. He never saw it as an accomplishment that he wanted to have. School wasn't for everyone, and it wasn't for him.

"When this shit start? I'm ready to see lil von walk." Dayvon groaned, playing with his OTF chain.

Durk and Von had started rapping a while ago, and they finally blew up. He was going places, but he knew he would be stupid to leave Jayda behind.

Dayvon loved her, and she's part of the reason his song Crazy Story is charting at number 2 on the billboard list.

"I know, baby. Hm, hand me that brochure."

Dayvon passed the piece of paper to Jaliya, who thanked him and began examining it, looking through the words to see if it would start soon.

"It should start in about two more minutes. You need to go to the bathroom or anything?"

"No ma'am," Von shook his head, an amused smile on his face. It was funny to know that he had a second set of parents because they treated him as such. Von had been around for too long not to build a relationship with his girlfriend's parents.