Worried?

I forgot how i wanted the plot to go but yk it doesn't matter ill just make something up. The best minds are the most fucked up or something???

I spent the night by that tree, just thinking and thinking and planning and planning until I finally, slowly, managed to fall asleep.

My dreams were once again not the nicest, as if my mind wasn't clouded enough, I now also had violent flashbacks to worry about.

That's the one downside to being back in this realm, the vulnerability of a human mind. Plus, with almost enough memories to fill up 45 human lives, i would have an absolute field day.

Man i really wish i had some coffee.

I woke up sometime during the night, barely conscious but still somehow awake enough to notice i was no longer shivering.

I blinked a few times, adjusting to the little light and catching sight of something quite unusual.

A bright orange blanket (I think), gracefully knitted from truffula fluff with a lattice-like diamond honeycomb stitch.

I almost smiled, right before remembering who must've put it there.

Instead, I frowned.

My brows furrowed together as angry thoughts bubbled up in my mind, right until I heard someone softly sigh.

Anger now boiled inside my brain and I was about to get up and begin yelling until I saw who it was.

Or rather, who it wasn't.

My expression changed immediately when I saw a girl lying on the grass, curled together.

She was sleeping, and while the darkness made it a bit hard to see her features, you'd know she was beautiful.

After my anger dissipated, I noticed she was shivering.

I laid the blanket on her, then quickly fell asleep again.
_______________________________________

When I woke up, the sun was shining and the girl was gone.

Strangely enough, the blanket didn't go with her.

I got up to stretch, my head feeling lighter and lighter the straighter I stood.

I leaned on a tree for support, holding my head with my other hand while waiting for the dizziness to dissipate. (iron deficiency go brrrrr)

Once my head felt better, I looked up towards the sun, only to see the beautiful girl from last night picking flowers.

I walked up to her carefully and tapped her on the shoulder.

She looked at me, a beautiful woven basket lay in her hand. It was filled to the brim with daisies, among other things.

"Yes?" She turned her head around cautiously.

"Hi!" I nervously waved.

The Onceler was the only person I'd actually met during my time back here, so I tried my best not to be too awkward.

She got up quickly and brushed some grass off of her yellow dress.

"Come, come! I've got a picnic set up!"

I tilted my head to the side with a confused look on my face as she lightly jogged away.

Either people are a lot nicer here or new yorkers really are mean.

Then, she looked back at me and yelled:

"Bring the blanket!"

I speed-walked to where the blanket was and ran to her with it gracefully draped over my shoulder.