It's fun until it's not!

Hey yall, its 2023. Jk it's been 2023 im literally writing this in feb 😭 anyways, i started writing this chapter in dec 2022 so i felt i had to adjust the a/n to fit the fact that I've written NOTHING since last year. also how and why are people still reading this?? 3,85k reads?? wtf?? my obsession with the onceler ended literally a week after it started and now i have to finish this bcs i dont wanna be one of those writers that last updated 9 years ago 😭 anyways yall, enjoy.

The Onceler's POV

After y/n went to bed, I wondered why they were so guarded about some pasta recipe. I mean, it couldn't have been that serious, right?
Anyway, them not wanting to tell me really just made me that much more curious.

I feel weird.

Something about y/n kissing Anna just feels... wrong. Ironic, how a few months ago I was dying to have them leave the house; Yet now, I only want them to stay.

Strange how things can change so quickly.

I don't want this feeling. I don't want.. to care about them, but I do.

Now's not the time to think of that though. I came here to build my thneed empire and yet not a single one has been made yet, and that tree I cut down is nearly beginning to rot.
I have to start working towards my goal, lest I let my thoughts consume me again.

But first, it's almost noon and y/n hasn't woken up yet. I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to move without them here.

_______________________________________

Your POV

My eyes flutter open slowly as I feel someone (probably the onceler) rhythmically kicking my tub. What does he want at this hour, it's too early for me to wake up now.

"Get up! It's almost noon and I will not have you sleeping through another day again," The Onceler stated blankly while still kicking my tub.

"Goddammit, don't you have more important things to do than disturb my slumber?" I attempted to yell, trying to rub my eyes as I shook inside the tub.

"You need to get a job, you've been living here for months rent free, eating my food and leisurely sleeping in my tub 'till 2 pm!" The Onceler spoke, annoyed but somehow sympathetic.

"Jesus Christ, fine, let me maybe get out of the tub first!" I nearly yelled, motion sickness creeping up my spine from how hard he was kicking me.

The Onceler finally left my tub alone and exited the room, but not before ordering me to get up within 5 minutes, 'lest I face the consequences,' whatever that means.
He uses that word too much. What do you mean "lest"?? What is he, 40?
On the other hand, maybe it's just my severely advanced vocabulary.

Carefully, I arose from the tub, just slow enough not to piss off my raging iron deficiency.

After doing so, I went about my morning as slowly as I possibly could, feeling the burning gaze of the onceler on me the entire time.
He was like a predator, watching my every move.
Except I didn't feel like prey.

It almost felt good having him look at me, be aware of me.

But then my common sense came through. Better late than never, am I right?

He's definitely up to something.

The Onceler's POV

I feel weird. It's like I don't recognize the words coming out of my mouth anymore. What with y/n and Anna and with me barely even knowing who she is or how they met or even what her intentions are. And now I'm acting like I'm y/n's dad or something, but I mean, it's not my fault they're so weak.