Part 2 - Descend

It felt like hours before I had the courage to explore the outside not knowing if the giant was really gone. I made my way hastily towards the rough dirt outside, once outside I looked to make sure I was alone.. even though I would soon begin to hate that loneliness I felt. I took a deep breath and ran, I ran as fast and as far as I could having no idea how long or how far I had ran, It began turning dusk, knowing I had not much time since nightfall I hid under the roots of one of the massive pines. I was beginning to feel hungry and fatigued I knew if I went on I would collapse in the middle of this deep forest. I slept as best as I could but the moisture made it very difficult to stay in one place. Waking up and looking into the deep forest, seeing that it wasn't all a dream made it all more real. Feeling energized and ready I made my way out of the tree and headed off to find some sign that I wasn't the only one in this forest. 

Having walked what felt like forever I finally found a camp, gated  by a tall wooden gate and surrounded by a thick wall made of rough dark wood and metal. The same symbol of the tree in the cave is also varved in the center of the gate, a triangle with a spiral in the center. Maybe these people can finally tell me what these markings are. I move towards the gate and put my palm against the symbol as a bright blue light descends from the spiral along my forearm to my palm sending a shock through my entire body and sending me flying backwards and to the ground. As I laid there, I look up and see that the gate is now open and there is a man with a silver tipped spear and heavy armor standing guard. He sees me and rushes at me with intent to kill, I hastily rush back awkwardly dodging his attack. "Hey, Hey I'm not here to make trouble chill!" I say pleading with the armed man, he responds with a grunt and continues to attack me. Not being able to dodge this next attack I extend my hand in front of me praying that he misses and close my eyes.

When I open my eyes the guard was on the ground and there is a shield of light extending from my palm. The guard sits up in confusion and pulls out a horn then blows it, it makes an ear screeching sound that could be heard through the whole forest. I cover my ears in agony as the sound stops and the guard is now standing in front of me, he starts to attack me again and he breaks through the shield as his fist strikes me and I pass out.