Eight 🤐

From the windows of their class, several students look down. They try their best to read lips and understand what the hell are Namjoon and Jin saying. Maybe they can't hear their words but they're pretty sure whatever is happening is not good.

Jin sits in front of his boyfriend who walks from one side to the other. He stays quiet and unexpressive as always. Meanwhile, he plays with his fingers. Something he tends to do when he's nervous. But as always, Namjoon doesn't notice that detail. With teary eyes the younger talks again.

- I just can't believe it. All of it. Every single part of our relationship is a fucking lie! How long were you gonna keep that secret, Jin?!

- Forever.

His honesty betrays him. He can't avoid a question when one is asked. He has to give his most honest answer. And Namjoon cries even harder than before.

- This is so fucking hurtful, Jin...I always knew something was wrong. I always thought you treated me this way because you are...

-...yes?

- ...f-forget it. You just treat me this way because you never loved me! I mean for fuck's sake, why did you have to hide that?!

- Because I knew you were gonna react this way.

- I can't do this anymore...I can't keep having this conversation while you just look at me like that. You can't even cry for this! It's over, Jin.

- Over? I don't understand

- We're done. I don't wanna be your boyfriend. I don't even know if I ever truly was. Was I clear now?

- Yes.

Namjoon walks away. Leaving Jin alone. Playing with his fingers till he feels one of them hurt. He looks down and realizes he hurt his nail again. It's been a while since he was this nervous. Everyone who sees him during the day ask him about Namjoon who for the first time skipped classes.

When the students talk about what happened, they don't understand. Why does Jin look so calm? Why is he always like this? Even though they just broke up with him? Some people think he has no feelings at all. But the truth is those people have no idea about what really happened...

Two years ago...

Jin walked out of Hoseok's house in a terrible mood. He now had to have a stupid date with some random idiot. It was in that moment that he received a message from the only boy he ever liked. Kim Namjoon. A nerd that was helping him with his math homework.

On the way to his house, Jin gathered all the courage he could. He had asked his parents for love advice. And since Namjoon was rich they didn't mind helping. Well, they tried to help. His father said "make sure he asks you out first so you don't get rejected". And his mother said "make some physical contact".

On the other hand, Namjoon was more than excited to see Jin again. He was head over heels for him. Even though he was sure that was never gonna happen. He checked himself in the mirror once more. With his pink hair and huge glasses. There was no way Kim Seokjin would like him back.

As every time they met, the first thing Jin did was check the homework. He needed it to be perfect. Because if there's one thing Jin was very critic about was what others did in his name. After some harsh comments on his way of doing things, Jin waits for Namjoon to correct them. He looks around his room and finds a picture of him with Kook.

- Is Jungkook your boyfriend?

- N-No! He's not really my type...Uhmm, Jin? What is your type? Do you l-like boys?

Before answering, he got an idea. Maybe he could make that stupid bet with Hoseok work his way. Maybe he could do what his parents told him.

- Yes, I like boys. I like brave boys actually.

- Oh...I see. - He lost al hope - So like one of those that's always after you? Like Wonho from the football team?

- Ugh, no. If they're never afraid to be rejected they're not really brave. I would like someone that...thinks I'll reject him. Someone that can face that fear and ask me out.

Jin got closer to him. Sitting next to Namjoon, he wondered what type of physical contact should he have. He didn't want to hold his hand. He didn't want to rest his hand on the other's knee like his mother recommended. But Namjoon gave him the perfect answer.

- If someone like that...even though he might not be very popular...if he asks you out...what would you do?

Namjoon's shy smile appeared asking his question and Jin couldn't take his eyes away from the boy's features. Without thinking, he softly touched one of his dimples with the tip of his finger. Immediately, Namjoon blushed.

- I would marry him

That answer only made Namjoon glow in a darker shade of red. And the next day, in front of everyone, he gave Jin a bouquet of roses. He was scared to death and his voice was shaky. His hands were sweaty and the fact that Jin had the same expression as always only made him think he was gonna be rejected. Also, the comments behind him weren't helping

- What is he doing? He's ridiculous

- Does he really think Seokjin will say yes?!

- We need to film this for later hahaha

But it didn't matter. Jin stood in front of him. Took the flowers. Ignored Hobi's signal to forget about the bet, and finally did what he always wanted to do. He kissed Namjoon. The whole room went silent. Jin didn't smile, but he was happy.

- Yes. I wanna be your boyfriend.

Everything worked perfectly. The bet? Done. Have the boy he likes? Done. And yes, Hoseok was sure this relationship had no feelings involved. But that shouldn't be important. Because he would never turn on Jin...right?