Chapter 3

Shao Qun's eyes and tone were so sincere that Li Chengxiu was even more embarrassed when he heard it. He really hated Shao Qun back then. If it weren't for him, he wouldn't be a cook in a hotel today. He should be able to get into a good high school, a good university, and have a completely different life. But after fourteen or fifteen years, he had a more thorough understanding of many things, and he began to believe in fate. Shao Qun was already a distant and vague memory to him, just like he would not hate him for always robbing him when he was a child. Like a sweet child, he had no memory of this person for a long time.

Under such earnest looking eyes, Li Chengxiu showed a shallow smile. He felt that the hard lump that had been stuck in his heart had gradually melted away since he saw Shao Qun that day. So for the first time, he felt a sense of relief.

Looking at Shao Qun, he said clearly and without hesitation, "It's okay." Shao Qun looked at him, his eyes were so bright that Li Chengxiu was a little uncomfortable, so he turned his head away.

Delicately styled dim sum quickly came up, and Shao Qun warmly greeted him to eat.

Li Chengxiu didn't eat much, and he had just eaten dinner, so he didn't have much appetite, so he just picked up a few.

Shao Qun asked him how he was doing over the years while eating.

Li Chengxiu said in an understatement that he went to work after dropping out of school. Later, he said that there are many opportunities for part-time work in Shenzhen, so he came here.

Shao Qun nodded, was silent for a moment, and said, "After that incident, my family sent me to England, and when I came back, I looked for you, but I couldn't find you anymore."

Li Chengxiu thought of the difficulties and hardships at that time. Embarrassed, he felt stuffy in the chest, and didn't know what to say, so he sighed.

Shao Qun put down his chopsticks and reiterated, "I'm really happy to see you again."

No one has expressed enthusiasm or affection for Li Chengxiu for many years. He was used to being either hated or ignored, and it was somewhat flattering to him that someone could be happy to see him, even if it was just polite words. Shao Qun's superiority and brilliance suddenly became less repulsive to him. Li Chengxiu was in a much better mood, so he slowly said, "Thank you."

"I want to thank you, willing to help me with this."

Li Chengxiu remembered the "business" they were going to talk about, and asked, "Party, honestly, I have no idea how to do it, I have no experience."

"It doesn't matter, you don't have to be burdened. Specific things are handled by specific people, you only need to be responsible for setting the menu, the things to be purchased, and then make some preparations in advance, it's enough to prepare the dishes on the same day, which is not far from what you usually do in the hotel."

Li Chengxiu was relieved to hear this. He has never done similar work, only when the hotel received conference groups in the past, there may be something to learn from, but he is still afraid of messing up, and the days in the hotel will be even more difficult.

Shao Qun told him roughly how many people would come, the main flavors of the dishes, a few special dishes that must be included, etc. Li Chengxiu listened carefully.

In the end, Shao Qun said that he would take him to meet the person in charge of the party in two days, and then they would focus on discussing together.

After the meal, Li Chengxiu finally dispelled the nervousness in front of Shao Qun, and his speech became smoother and more complete.

Shao Qun endured and endured, but still asked, "You didn't speak like this before, why..."