CHAPTER 5

At WEI MANSION (NEW YORK)

Wei Wuxian releases a deep breath as he cuts the call and after calming himself down for a few minutes, he leaves the balcony to enter his son's room

As soon as he enters the room, his worry fades away as he sees his son teasing his best friend.

"I am not afraid of anyone," boasts Yang with a proud look.
Jingyi who hears it releases chuckles and speaks, "you are afraid of someone,"
"I am not afraid of anyone" retorts Xue Yang.
"You are afraid of Xingchen Jiu Jiu" speaks jingyi with a proud look, and Xingchen who was listening to it releases a laugh.
"Hey, I am not," glares Yang.
"Yes, you are," teases Jingyi and shows his tongue toward Yang.
Yang on seeing this runs in the direction of Jingyi to catch him. Jingyi on seeing the intention of Yang runs to hide behind Xingchen.

Xingchen who was watching his husband and nephew bickering was taken aback as he was caught by Jingyi who was trying to hide behind him. Yang seeing Jingyi hiding behind Xingchen speaks, "hey brat, come here"
"No" speaks Jingyi.
"Why? Are you afraid of me?" Speaks Yang with a smug smile.
"No, I just want to see whether you can surpass Xingchen jiu jiu eyes to catch me," supplies Jingyi with a teasing smile.
"You!" Yang glares at the boy as he tries to catch him.
Xingchen who was earlier watching the boy and his husband fight were now becoming irritated by their bickering as in this game he was the one who was suffering so he speaks, "Stop it, guys!"
Jingyi and Yang when hear it stop as they now know that they have irritated Xingchen because the latter only speaks when they are over the line.
Jingyi who was hiding behind teases yang with a silly face.
"You!" Yang moves toward the boy but is stopped midway as he sees his husband glaring at him.

Wuxian who was standing near the balcony door for a time has forgotten about all his worries seeing his son's playfulness. He knows his son is naughty but he loves this naughtiness of Jingyi as it makes him feel alive. He always forgets his miseries and problems when he sees his son jolly nature and that is the reason for his survival when he was made to leave the love of his life. He was never ready for that but fate made him leave that person whom he loved the most in this world. As Wuxian was thinking about this, Jingyi suddenly turned toward his direction, and on seeing his father speaks, "Pa, who was on the call?"

Wuxian who was brought out of his daze from his son's question moves toward his son's direction speaking, "Your Cheng jiu jiu"
Jingyi when hears this name jumps excitedly and speaks, "what does jiu jiu say?"

Xingchen and Yang on hearing the name straighten themselves and look at Wuxian intently as they know Cheng only calls when there is some issue and judging from Wuxian looks, they know that the problem must be serious.
Wuxian when hears his son's question, ruffles his son's hair and then looks at Xingchen and Yang, and after releasing a sigh speaks, "We are going back to China"