☼𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚙 (𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚜 𝚡 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛)☼

takes place at Antonio's ceremony

☼☼☼

Everyone hated Carlos.

No one knew exactly why they hated him but they did. 

They would flinch every time he did something as simple as moving a finger. They would avoid him in the shops and at stands. They never wanted to be associated with Carlos Madrigal.

Today was the day of Antonio's ceremony. Everyone had already arrived at La Casa Madrigal, for the music had began playing and people were dancing and here was the boy in question; sitting on his bed, staring at the ceiling. 

Someone disturbed the silence and darkness by opening the door to his room. It was Camilo, his twin brother.

"Mami and Papi were looking for you," he said as he sat on the edge of Carlos' bed.

"There's no point in going out there. Just my presence alone would ruin Antonio's ceremony," he responded.

"No it wouldn't. It's just the people. There's nothing wrong with you."

"Yes there is."

"What?" Camilo asked.

"Everything."

Carlos turned over on his side, looking away from Camilo. The room was blanketed in science.

"Well, to me there isn't."

Carlos turned.

"Sometimes, I wish I was you."

"And why is that?" Carlos asked inquisitively.

"Well, you're just- you're so laid back and honest. I wish I could be as honest as you were...even if the truth can be pretty brutal," Camilo chuckled.

"But no one likes me. Everyone likes you. Especially the girls."

"I wish they didn't, then I'd get to hang out with just you more often in public."

They went quiet again. Carlos sat up beside Camilo.

"Thanks," he said quietly.

"No problem, it's what older brothers do," Camilo said, pulling Carlos' head down by his neck and rubbing his knuckles into his hair.

"Okay! Okay! Stop! You're only older by 10 minutes," he laughed.

"Still older. Alright, lets go!"

Camilo dragged Carlos out of his room and began down the stairs. Camilo continued but Carlos stopped, looking around at everyone who now had fear-stricken faces.

Carlos slowly walked down the stairs, but stopped when a little boy in a light green ruana stood in front of him. Carlos bent down to his level and tried being friendly to the child. 

"Hi, what's your name?" he asked the little boy.

He stayed quiet.

"Get away from my son!" said the voice of a woman as she pulled the little boy back to her by the arm. "You dirty, scoundrel-"

"Hey!" 

A new voice had appeared. Everyone turned their heads to see a girl at the end of the aisle. She was wearing a f/c ruana with a hood, a white collared button-down shirt, blue-ish pants, and brown boots. She had e/c eyes and h/l, h/c hair that was down/pulled back.

"What'd he ever do to you?" she asked, shocked at the mother's behavior towards the teenager.

"All he's doing is existing. Why are you being so rude towards him?"

She walked up to the mother and stood in front of Carlos. 

"He's done...things. Terrible things," the woman whispered.

"Like what?"

She didn't respond.

"See! You don't even know what he's done! He hasn't done anything! Whatever you hear are just some stupid rumors. Besides, you're a mother! You should spend more time setting a good example for your kid than teaching him how to be rude and selfish towards others," the girl ranted.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that young lady!" said the woman.

"I'll talk to anyone who disrespects this boy without an explanation however I want to."

With that she swiftly grabbed one of Carlos' hands and strode forward as he looked around at everyone with a slight smirk on his face. She brought him to his family and released him, walking away swiftly.

Pepa had a smile on her face and a rainbow over her head as she watched the girl walk away. Felix also had an approving grin. Camilo was smirking like there was no tomorrow.

☼☼☼

part 2??

btw the next one-shot will be one requested by __MISATO__

love you byeeee-