𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 - 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞...?

*Scaramouche POV*

"Hey, Scaramouche, it's your first day. You probably shouldn't miss it or you'll make a bad first impression.

That was the voice of my overly protective mother, Ei. And she was here to annoy me once again.

"I bet the students are gonna have a bad impression of me anyway."

Ei couldn't deny it. Being expelled from a school is a very embarrassing thing, and when people know of it, they'll build stupid rumours around that, saying things like "Oh look, the new transfer student killed someone in a fight!", or "Hey, you know that this transfer student does shady things like drug dealing and that's why they were kicked out". Probably those are the kind of rumours going on in that new school of mine about me, the less likeable person alive.

"I swear, your no-can-do attitude really ticks me off sometimes."
"And I'm tired of your overly controlling attitude. Look, Ei, I'm not a kid anymore. I can take care of myself."

She didn't even look like she listened and opened my curtains. The sun shined brightly - too brightly - in my eyes.

"Seriously?!"
"You have to go to school or I will ground you again. And if I see that you skip classes, same thing."

As harmless as it sounds, whenever Ei threatens me, she really does awful things. I'd... rather not think about what'd she do now.

"Alllright, alright. I'll get ready now."

She smiled proudly as a sign of victory and walked out of my room. I eventually put on my new school's uniform: a basic white t-shirt with a black jacket and black pants. I combed my messy hair and grabbed my bag that was laying in the corner of my room.

I got down the stairs and saw that Ei cooked me a breakfast for the first time in a while. It may have been basic, just two toasts with eggs on it, but it was a big effort coming for her, especially with her atrocious cooking.

Despite her tough and somewhat playful attitude, she is caring and hopes for my best. It does justify her overly protective behaviour and I do forgive her for it... when I feel like it.

"Thank you, Ei.", I said, taking up my plate and bringing it to the table.

Still, there was something wrong. She pouted.

"Won't you ever call me 'Mom' again?"
"No I won't."
"How rude!"

It is true that it's rude for her, disappointing almost, but it's just embarrassing. It has been years since I actually called her 'Mom', and now I just refer to her as Ei or mother. Her childish attitude gets her to obtain everything she wants. With me though, it's not as easy.

I finished eating, rinsed my plate and put it in the dishwasher. I looked at the time, it was about time for me to leave.

"Alright, I'm heading off now."
"No you're not, you're coming with me young man."

Looks like Ei decided she would drop me off at school? And she is the one that brought first impressions. With her dropping me off, I'll look like a small kid that can't do anything by myself.

I couldn't argue. Knowing Ei, she probably thinks she's doing a good thing, she probably thinks she's a good mother. Which she is, by the way, but just doesn't get how younger people think.