02. apocalypse?

slight important authors note at the end![:
bold italics mean the person is emphasizing the spoken word [:
italics mean the person is speaking in english [:

⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀

m/n tossed his cigarette in the trash as he exhaled a puff of smoke, not bothering to put it out knowing that it wasn't gonna cause a fire anyway. he turned to mi-jin who still wasn't finished on her stick before walking towards his board, hopping on it (with style).

"seriously?" mi-jin scoffed as she stood up from where she sat, "who are you and what did you do to m/n? you only lit up like.. two cigarettes, what happened to five cigs a day?"

the (hair color)ette rolled his eyes at her remark, picking up his blazer from the ground as he fixed his tie, "i've got no time for five, i still have to meet up with those second year brats like i promised, heard they were gonna get revenge on me for flipping them off." he laughed remembering the chaos he caused during their first period. it was the female's turn to roll her eyes, though hers was much more sassier than the boy bc girlboss you know, "so you'd rather hang out with your little junior gophers than me? i'm hurt."

m/n flashed mi-jin a glare, "they're not my gophers, they're my friends." he declared, before skating away not wanting to waste anymore time knowing that the school's recess time wasn't really gonna last long which left the female delinquent to smoke by herself like always. "yeah right," she huffed, throwing her stick in the trash as she pulled out another one from her pocket; snickering, voicing out her thoughts, "friends with benefits."

⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀

"m/n!" the mentioned boy turned around at the call of his name and surprisingly saw a familiar second year running up the stairs in a hurry, he stopped himself from taking another step facing the female who had stood in front of him taking shallow breaths to steady her heartbeat from the adrenaline that washed over her body.

she looked different, was what he came up with while observing the girl. her hair wasn't tied like it usually is, locks being tucked away by the left ear as the rest being let down flowing from the air. she looked pretty, it definitely suits her but he wasn't gonna tell her that; not that he didn't want to, he just didn't have to. he knows that she knows she looked pretty.

"on-jo," he nodded, letting her know that he had acknowledge her presence standing up properly with both of his hands in the pocket of his slacks, "i was just about to look for you."

hearing at what her senior had said, she felt a blush creeping up to her face as she straightened her stance whilst her hands went behind her back seemingly hiding something from him. they were stilled and quiet for a few moment letting the rays from the sun wash over them, the only reason why m/n let the silence drag out for longer was because on-jo seemed nervous about what to tell him and m/n didn't mind, wanting his junior to be comfortable with the atmosphere before speaking up, "well, what did you want to tell me? i mean― not to rush you, but, the rowdy ruff boys are waiting for me back at the caf."

on-jo looked behind her, the third year instinctively doing the same wondering what she was cautious about; she then returned to her position, directing her attention to his making the boy take a step back to give her space. she exhaled quietly, reaching out a hand to him, it was closed and obviously something was inside. m/n rose a brow, looking back and forth at her hand and to her face, "what's that?" but the female refused to speak, she looked away ushering him with her fists tightly shut. he stared at her for a good thirty second before taking a hand out of his pockets positioning it under hers, and not a moment longer, something dropped to his palm, stunning him.