~

A/N: hello! here's me publishing one of my favorite kaebedo fics I've probably written before. i love these two so much so here we are. I miss school so this is what we're getting. This is heavily inspired by the guy I liked and our memories together and multiple other experiences my friends have had. I apologize for any grammatical errors and typos.

This takes place in Modern AU and they're in High school. Albedo is in Grade 11 and is 17 while Kaeya is Grade 12 and also 17 and he just ended up skipping a grade to be in the same grade as Diluc back then.

[ COVER CREDITS: Art credits go to @/Orange627st on TWT! ]

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Can I be your boyfriend?"

Albedo froze in place as he faced away from his locker. He turned to look at the man who asked him and it was none other than the campus' playboy, Kaeya Alberich. Albedo knew about Kaeya's personality. This guy was a flirt and honestly maybe just flirted and dated for fun. So, why was he a target now? Albedo waited for him to say it was just a prank. Maybe his friend, Childe or rather Tartaglia had dared him to ask him out but Kaeya didn't say anything. Albedo blinked at him multiple times as he continued to stare at him, confusion all over his face. Was he being serious?

Kaeya...well. Albedo did have a crush on him. Who wouldn't? He was at the campus' most popular guy for a reason. He was built, tall, had a nice voice and was smart. He was also the captain of the volleyball team and the Ace of all positions. It would be surprising if you at least didn't like him at one point. But, come on. He may be academically smart but right now he sure was stupid as he waited for Albedo's answer. Albedo turned away from Kaeya and reached to grab the books inside his locker. He hugged them close to his chest. Kaeya raised an eyebrow as he eyed Albedo.

Kaeya chuckled as he nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Well, 'Bedo. What do you say?"

Albedo closed his locker and faced Kaeya again, "No"

Kaeya's eyes widened as Albedo turned away from him. Kaeya has never been rejected before but now that he was serious about this whole relationship thing. He gets rejected? Bullshit!

Kaeya grabbed his hand with zero hesitation. He wasn't going to give up on Albedo any time soon. Albedo turned to him with a raised eyebrow. A faint blush on his face as he felt Kaeya's hand in his. His hand was big and Albedo's was small. 

His hands were very warm and Albedo couldn't help himself but let his hand rest in his for a while. Sure, Albedo did say no but Albedo did like him and that was something Albedo couldn't deny now. Sucrose knows and she certainly would be disappointed if Albedo denied it. She was getting sick of Albedo's obliviousness and didn't wait for Albedo to figure it out himself and told him out front.

His heart leapt in his chest as he stared deep into Kaeya's eye. Since one of Kaeya's eyes was covered by his long bangs. Kaeya felt a blush crept on to his face too but he ignored it.

"I-I really like you, Albedo." Kaeya confessed, Albedo blushed. "No jokes. I do really want to be your boyfriend"

Albedo bit his lip as he stared at Kaeya. This certainly wasn't what he planned to be doing today. He thought today was just going to be another ordinary day at school. Boring classes, hanging out with Sucrose and Aether and then going home to help Klee with homework. Yet here he was. Kaeya had held his hand tight as he stared at Albedo. Albedo has never seen Kaeya like this. His playboy and flirty façade set aside and showing off his vulnerable side. Albedo never guessed he would see this side of Kaeya ever.

Albedo turned his head away as a deep blush crept on his face. He couldn't look Kaeya in the eye. "I-I" Albedo sighed as he tried calming him down. He was stuttering. He needed to get his shit together. He heaved in another breath before proceeding, "I like you too, Kaeya"