Slow Dancing | five | homecoming (ii) - 02

Seoul, D-day, December 2021. ETA - approximately 1 hour.

Namjoon sits back on the comfortable couch which he had been on and tries to relax. A few hours had passed since he joined today's business meeting with his investors in this executive club, and already his focus begins dwindling away.

The business talk had ended a while ago, but the conversation is still flowing among the men around him. Glasses of liquor are still being served continuously between the talk about families and holiday plans. As someone who has yet to build his own family or to even have a relationship to claim, all Namjoon can do is listen in while he is enjoying his drink. And just like any other time when his mind is idle, his gaze falls on the ticking timer on his wrist, finding it easily as he has it fully shown with the sleeves of his shirt folded to his elbows.

The numbers had barely come to his mind for the whole day, mostly because he had deliberately put his thoughts on the tight schedule that he has for the day. But there is nothing stopping him from looking at the timer now, reminding himself that time is slowly coming to an end.

00:01:13:38

Only one hour left.

His heart starts pounding as he is reminded of the past. Years ago, he was glancing down at his wrist the same way he is doing it now, subtly checking on the numbers despite trying his best to hold back from doing it. At first, he had been hoping that tonight's meeting with the investors and his co-workers would provide him with a place to stay where he could wait for his timer to run out. But there is a sense of restlessness that he keeps feeling since the countdown had begun to occupy his mind, and he is starting to question if this might be a sign that he is meant to be somewhere else.

Deep down, he knows that this might be true, only because he had once felt the same thing a long time ago.

On the night of Namjoon's first supposed encounter with his soulmate, he had felt the same urge rushing over him, telling him to stay in that kitchen instead of stepping out. To this day, he is still not sure if following his instincts then had played a part in causing him to have his soulmate slipping right out of his radar, and in turn, to have his wish of keeping the life that he had then granted by the universe.

As he gives in to the pull that is trying to draw him out of there, Namjoon wonders if tonight is going to be different to how it was then. That if he should simply go along without questioning it, then perhaps he would finally meet his soulmate and have everything settled down once and for all.

Sitting there with his own thoughts, Namjoon finds himself unable to decide if he truly wants to meet his soulmate now or if he is ready to have his life upended if the chance should ever come to him at all. Does he really think that he has the space in his life for his soulmate? Does he want to meet her at all, after the years that had passed since he had first refused the chance of it happening at the intended time?