Slow Dancing | six | falling from clouds - 01

chapter vi. falling from clouds

You had almost forgotten what winter is like in Seoul.

The picturesque scenery that welcomes you each time you step out of your new home every day makes you feel like you are walking through the winter wonderland. The thick blanket of snow that covers most of the grounds, the icy road and crystallised ponds, the frozen trees that often look as if they had been painted straight onto the world around you. And then later, once the sunset falls on the city sky, all the pretty lights from the holiday season decorations would come alight, sparkling golden stars hanging from the trees, the buildings, and on either side of the road to send you to a more dreamlike moment which fills your heart with joy.

This becomes the reason why you have always enjoyed taking a walk outside after a long day. Just like now, as you are walking down the neighbourhood near your sister's apartment, enjoying the serene moment you have after spending hours of working indoors at your new workplace.

Walking past the neighbourhood park, you tighten your coat and look up to the sky, welcoming the snowfall that has just started to trickle down from the sky. All around you, people are doing the exact same thing you do, looking up and raising their hands to welcome the snowfall. Giggles and laughters fill the space around you and you cannot help but smile, joining them in their delightful mood.

You pull your hands out of your pockets to do the same and try to touch the falling snow, only to be able to keep them up for a while before they get too cold. Clutching your hands together to find warmth, your right hand finding your left and your fingers grazing over your engagement ring, your heart begins to palpitate and shrink in your chest at the same time as you are plummeting back into the reality of your present life.

It seems like yesterday, but weeks have passed ever since the surprise welcome party at Bovine where you accepted Jungkook's proposal in front of your families and friends. A lot of things have also happened since then. The surprise engagement had been followed by the delightful surprise of getting an additional family member when your sister gave birth merely days later. And then you were blessed by getting a new job which had taken a lot of your time during the same time Jungkook is starting his new project. After gaining some loyal followers and positive reviews on his first single, Jungkook has been given a chance to release new music to release after the New Year, and he has been working hard on it while supporting you with your new job.