~

A/N: hello! back at it again with hurting people <33. I honestly love writing angst as much as i love fluff. So, i hope you enjoy this fun little idea i had!

This takes place after the 1.6 event of Shadows Amidst Snowstorms! Because of the clones and everything. The first fanfic i finished this 2022 and ofc it's Kaebedo and it's angst. You're welcome.

[ COVER CREDITS: Art credits to @/ teefvies on TWT! ]

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Cold...Like always" Albedo narrated to himself as he stared off at Dragonspine. He stood just outside his camp in Dragonspine and continued to observe his surroundings.

Cold. So cold. As it always was in Dragonspine. None of the conditions bothered the chief alchemist, Albedo. He was surely used to it was all. His laboratory was located there and if he hadn't gotten used to the cold climate of Dragonspine he would have frozen his ass off way back then. It was snowing heavily as it always was. Albedo wasn't that surprised with the circumstances. He reached his hand out and watched as the snowflakes land on it. He hummed a familiar tune as he watched the snow trickle down slowly.

Dragonspine was a terrifying place to say the least. Due to recent events, it became even more alarming once Albedo knew his double was lurking around somewhere ready to kill him. He had been on his guard for these past few weeks and it's an understatement to say that he was growing restless and impatient. Sure, he was on his guard and ready to fight the failed experiment but he felt restless as he waited for the failed experiment to come to him instead. This clone situation had been stressful and Albedo couldn't help but be slightly annoyed with it. He felt empathy towards the clone. If he was in it's shoes he would do exactly what it was doing now but now wasn't the time to empathize with it. It was dangerous and out to get him Albedo should erase all feelings towards it.

He had been thinking and strategizing what to do with the clone situation by himself. He was his own ally and the only one who could defeat the wandering clone. It would be foolish to go after the clone itself. Albedo had thought of the consequences of his decisions and had concluded that this was the best choice. He felt ready to shed some blood, even if that blood was from his own master's failed experiment. That blood would be on his hands and he truly was preparing himself to accept that. He had found the joy of being brought into the world unlike the failed clone and it was after him for that very reason. He had the joy that the clone was yearning for so much. That joy was with Kaeya. It was with Klee. It was with his friends. It was with existing in the world itself. He had finally found the joy of being brought into the world and now he had to fight to keep that happiness.

He sighed and observed how his breathe had caught in the cold air, creating a white mist of sorts. The traveler would be the best ally to Albedo and he knew that. She and Paimon were two out of the three people who knew of the secret about the clone and everything that Albedo was trying to keep from the world. But she had left to handle under matters elsewhere and now she were no help. So, it was up to Albedo. It was for the best. Albedo would have been in the way of the traveler. It would be best to deal with this situation himself rather than rely on his friend. Her and Paimon had enough on their plates and Albedo felt a little bad when the traveler told him about their travels and quests in Inazuma. Albedo only sighed and told her not to overwork herself but he knew those words fell on deaf ears. Lumine and Paimon were safe from Albedo's troubles and that was all that mattered. This was his battle after all.

Same goes for his little sister and his boyfriend. His lover, Kaeya was one of the people who knew about his existence and his purpose for living and such. Albedo had told him everything one night and he felt safe. Kaeya had only pulled him closer to him while they laid in bed together while he narrated his origins. He remembered that night well. Kaeya whispered into his ear, "I love you, Albedo and that's all that would matter".