Part 5

Late night. Bright was sitting on the window pane, looking outside, strumming his guitar absent mindedly, careless with rhythm. Right now, his heart filled with so many emotions when his mind repeatedly playing his conversation with Fong. The latter gave him so much information to digest. Bright doesn't know what to feel; he feels disgusted of his best friend's unforgivable behavior, and the other hand he feels proud for Win. What Luke did was a crime. For God sake, he is going to be a doctor..... where is his oath? Where is his ethics? Where are those vows, they took together? Even if it was someone else other than Win, Bright would never have forgiven him..... he never supports rapist. Bright overwhelm by all those thoughts .... He didn't understand what to do! So, he closed his eyes and think about Win.

His tensed facial muscles relaxed when Win's face appeared in front of his closed eyes .... His spotless skin, perfect nose, full lips, messy hair .....smile formed on his face when he remembers how he saved Win from falling that day; he almost hugged him .... They were so close. Bright's heart raced just to remembering the event, but that event helped him to clear his mind. Now he realized that he started loving Win. He can do anything for him......even he wouldn't hesitate to go beyond his limit, every possible or impossible way. Bright started playing guitar while thinking of Win ...... a soft smile crept on his lips and his eyes turned dreamy!

"Oh, so, you are in love!"

Bright startled of sudden voice; his guitar produced off-key eerie sound for long two second before stopped.

He turned to see his father standing there, smirking at him. "Dad, what are you doing here? In this odd hour?" he asked rising his brows. He clearly surprised to see Bryan in this odd hour of night.

"This is how greet you dad? Where are your manners, boy?" Bryan may be sound offended, but Bright knew, he just messing with him, so he just pouted.

"don't mind me buddy" Bryan sat comfortably on the bed, "who is she?"

"DAD...." Bright whined, jumped down from window pane, quickly covered the short distance, then making himself comfortable on single sofa, opposite to bed.

"Is she pretty?"

"DAD..."

"Am I going to be a grandfather?"

"DAD.... Please ..... stop." half screaming, he hides his red face between palms.

Bryan chuckled of his son's embarrassment, then smiled fondly at him, "okay son, now tell me the story."

Bright didn't move, he remain same for couple of seconds then slowly moves his two fingers make a small gap between them and peeped to make sure that his father is serious. Bryan just laughs his son's antic; it indeed a childish act for a college student, but he still feels so guilty for all those days when Bright was living all alone in a foreign country when he had a father. Bryan knows it's impossible to fill those gaps, so, he tried to fulfil his duty as father ...... a friendly one off-course.

"Come, sit here." Bryan patted beside him and the son obeyed.

"Dad..." Bright hesitate, he has no idea how to say about Win.

"Is there anything serious?"

"Dad...." He paused for a second, "Dad.....whom I like..." he said carefully, "uhm...is a 'he', not a 'she.'" He gulped in nervousness when he saw his father's shocked face. "Dad, Are you disappointed?"

The elder silence for a while, the turmoil inside him clearly reflecting on his face. It's a tough situation for a father and for a businessman. He has business world and a society to face and as a father he cant see his son heartbroken. He closed his eyes and made his decision then open his eyes and smiled, "I have no issue as long as you are happy. I want your happiness." he laughs loudly when Bright hug his father tightly, his smile brightened, "Thanks Dad."