II .The High Priestess

The High Priestess guards the threshold of an initiation. ( pillars are a pair)An initiation provides knowledge, insight, or wisdom that cannot be taught; it can only be gained through direct experience( important knowledge awaits when you pass between them). Because she does not share this information, this card represents something that cannot be revealed at this time. The High Priestess is connected with water, which, as author and teacher Kim Huggens points out, indicates her ability to understand the flow of the ever-changing future. The answer cannot be revealed because it is still changeable and depends on the initiate's reaction. In addition, it is only by experiencing the events to come and not knowing about them ahead of time that knowledge, insight, and wisdom may be learned.

The Universal Waite card reflects a mystery school or secret society initiation. The High Priestess sits between two pillars, indicating a very specific and controlled point of entry ( the candidates must demonstrate specific esoteric knowledge and declare several levels of purifications before be allowed to go further). a letter B is " in him is potential" It isn't there yet. These pillars are the only approach to these secrets ( a spiritual path). so it's called entranceway.  the crown which has lunar symbolism ( waxing , full and waning phases of the moon) is revered as the special sign of the Triple Goddess: Maiden,, Mother, Crone)the central sun disk signifies the male spirit soon to be reborn, enclosed and protected by the horns of the goddess, one light and one dark. all together, the crown of the HighPriestess is a universal symbol of the original authority of the divine feminine.                       

The veil decorated with pomegranates represents Persephone's journey to the underworld or death. The watery robes  and the sickle moon at her feet symbolize the subconscious, the unknown, and change. All these symbols together show that there is something specific that must be experienced, the details of which are unknown. The response to the experience will affect the outcome.

Core meaning:
Something that can only be understood through experience.

* CROWN: overriding importance

A crown is always a gift from above-sometimes in recognition of great achievement, sometimes as demand for such an achievement.

Crowns require their wearers to be perfect. They recognize the potential in a person for such perfection, and accepting a crown is an acknowledgement of the demand for perfection.

The energy of a crown is a source of light, illumination, and radiance. One who wears a crown is expected to be such a source of illumination of others.