Nine of Pentacles

Enjoying beauty and abundance is generally considered a good thing. When that experience is the result of our own work, there is an even deeper pleasure. It is often difficult to tell which is more gratifying—the thing itself or our pride in having achieved it. The experience is our own private celebration, for we've done well and we know it. We are our own judge, and there is no need for external validation. The Nine of Pentacles represents a situation filled with personal satisfaction as well as the sensual enjoyment of the results of diligence and discipline.

 The Nine of Pentacles represents a situation filled with personal satisfaction as well as the sensual enjoyment of the results of diligence and discipline

The Universal Waite card features the richness of the accomplishment with a well-dressed woman in a lush garden. The falcon and grapevines symbolize discipline and hard work.

Core meaning: Accomplishment.

The Legacy card shows a bird of paradise, representing closeness to the Divine, instead of a falcon, eliminating the idea of disciplined achievement. Instead, it evokes the idea of blending the spiritual, or higher, impulses with the physical.

The Shadowscapes card retains the idea of discipline with a piano player. Through study and practice, she creates wondrous music, uniting the physical with the spiritual.