Quotes Centre

Here are some quotes on selfishness (of course) that are hilarious, deep and thoughtful. It might make you laugh or make you go deep in thought....

"No man will work for your interests unless they are his."
David Seabury

"If we were not all so excessively interested in ourselves, life would be so uninteresting that none of us would be able to endure it."
Arthur Schopenhauer

"Selfishness is that detestable vice which no one will forgive in others, and no one is without himself."
Henry Ward Beecher

"Lovers never get tired of each other because they are forever talking about themselves."
Francois De La Rouchefoucauld

"Just as a fire is covered by smoke and a mirror is obscured by dust, just as the embryo rests deep within the womb, wisdom is hidden by selfish desire."

- Bhagavad Gita

" Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves. "
- Stephen Kendrick

" Selfish- a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their own power of sacrifice."
-George Eliot

" Love is the most selfish of all the passions."
-Alexandre Dumas

"Man has demonstrated that he is master of everything -- except his own nature."

-Henry Miller

"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today."
-Dale Carnegie

" Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature."
- Charles Dickens

"The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."
-William James

"When we can no longer blame things on liquor, or war's reaction, we may begin to suspect that human nature itself is a little faulty."
-Unknown