02

Waking up in the morning in a new environment wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. It was quieter than she was used to and upon inspecting her room under the early morning light, it felt rather cluttered with the remaining boxes she had yet to unpack. She stretched her arms high above her head as she rose from her mattress, making her way to her bathroom to prepare for the day.

Taking a glance at her reflection, she cringed when she noticed how smudged and messy her makeup and her hair were so early in the morning. A pathetic noise spilled from her lips as she opened the cabinets under the sink to grab the package of makeup remover wipes to start fresh. She gently wiped the makeup off of her face, amazed as to how much of it had come off in one wipe.

Once she was done, she set the wipe to the in case she needed to fix the new layer of makeup she was going to apply for the day. She swiftly grabbed the tube of concealer and drew a line underneath her eyes to cover up her dark purple eyebags that kept forming no matter how much rest she was getting. She lightly blended it to match her skin tone, not stopping until it perfectly matched the rest of the skin on her face. Haori allowed a small smile to grace her lips as she reached for the tube of black mascara and the black liquid eyeliner. She applied a thin amount of mascara onto her eyelashes and drew wings onto her eyelids making her eyes appear more cat-like than they already were.

Before she left the bathroom, she glanced over her reflection briefly to see if she should add anything else to her appearance. Her eyes lingered over her makeup box and the various tools she used. Her fingers trailed over the few tubes of lipsticks, lip tints, lip balms, and lip scrubs that she had as she pondered whether or not she should use one today. Her fingers stopped, landing on a dark peach lip tint. She picked it up, taking off the cap and applying it lightly until her lips were a beautiful color and had a nice shine.

Taking one last look at her face, she was satisfied with her efforts. Hatori reached into the drawer to grab one of her more durable brushes that was designed to take care of deep tangles. She slowly worked her way up, brushing through the painful tangles, slowly taking it apart as she worked her way up her hair. In almost no time, Hatori was able to smooth her hair free of tangles and swiftly braided her hair half up half down in order to keep it from getting into her eyes or in her art projects later today.

She turned on her heel and exited her bathroom, reaching into the cabinet of her coffee bar to grab a disposable coffee cup, setting it under the keurig, grabbing one of the Sakura blends and popping it into the machine to brew. She listened to the machine whirl as she removed her school uniform to put on clean undergarments and then got re-dressed for the day.

When she turned around to see the progress of her coffee, it was filling up half-way so she put a Nespresso pod into the Nespresso machine and waited until the keurig was done brewing. Which didn't take too long and shortly after it was finished brewing, the keurig had turned off. Hatori grabbed the cup full of coffee and placed it under the nespresso coffee maker and pressed the power button. It whirred to life and she went about her room, picking up the empty boxes to place them in the corner of the room and unpack as much as she could before the machine stopped. She was able to get half of the boxes unpacked and put away before returning to the coffee machines that had stopped brewing.

She moved the cup onto the countertop and reached for a tumbler with a straw. She grabbed the strawberry syrup and drizzled it all around the inside of the cup. When she was done, she set it down on the counter. Hatori opened the door of her ice maker that she had set up the night before so that she would have fresh, clean ice for the next day, and filled the tumbler all the way full of ice.

She grabbed the straw and used it to mix the sakura and espresso mix before pouring it into the tumbler. She put the straw into the iced coffee mixture and closed the lid securely to the cup. She took a light sip of the coffee and hummed in delight at the delicious taste. Hatori grabbed her tumblr, slipped on her shoes and grabbed her school bag before exiting her room. She swiftly wrote a note to build her bed frame when she got back and to pack away the rest of her things.