Chapter 9: The final night

Warning: This is really clumsily written so I apologize in advance!
______________________________

It was now night time and Tanjiro was asleep regaining back his energy from all of the intense training you, Makomo and Sabito made him go through.

Laying on the small patch of grass under the moonlight and enjoying the cool breeze of the night is the best thing right now. Well at least to you, it is. Until you feel 2 more presence lying next to you, immediately you sit up to see who they are to realize that they were just Sabito and Makomo.

Sabito: Sorry if we interrupted your peaceful night. /said in a sarcastic , teasing tone/

By now you've become good friends with the 2 kids. The 3 of you would sometimes gaze at the moon together at night. Though tonight the sky seems to be in a good mood so it was super clear, the view was magnificent. No painting could replicate it.

You: The moon is so pretty~ right guys? (tsuki ga kiredesu ne?)

(A/n: Shinobu belike : Ara ara~ you're well cultured aren't you-)

Sabito: Indeed it is.

Makomo: Yeah it is~

She then proceeds to cling on to your arm.

You: You 2 are dense but okay go off...

Sabito: Hm? What do you mean dense?

Makomo: //face palmed herself//

You: Well, I'm going to sleep now. Night guys~.

Finishing your sentence by giving the duo a smol head pat to each and then went to where Tanjiro was and slept right next to him.

The duo sat there processing what in the hecking world just happened. No one spoke a word, both Sabito and Makomo felt some butterflies in their stomach after the head pat you gave them. They felt as if it is their duty to protect you, but unfortunately for them...

They are only wandering souls, how could they protect you or even tell you their feelings towards you? It would just pain them and you more from the fact that they are decreased and that they felt that way for you.

There was no way the both of them were going to tell you their true feelings.

[ Smol little timeskip ]

It was now the 99th time Tanjiro spar with Sabito, his face was full of dust and dirt due to the fact that he was knocked down to the ground countless of times by Sabito.

You were just sitting on the side chilling with Makomo in your lap 'cause........ Why not?

You: Take a break guys we'll continue later!

The 2 boys obeyed your order, if they don't........ Bad things will happen.

You: Last time of the day!

You: Position! And........start!

The duo stood opposite each other, standing in fighting positions ready to strike at any moment. In a dash both of them moved at the same time charging at each other.

// sword through boulder/mask sound effect//

You: ......did it.......YOu DID IT TANJIRO!!

Tanjiro: H-huh?! I did?- I DID IT NEE-SAN!!

Sabito and Makomo just stared at the 2 of your figures celebrating. With that they disappeared into the forest. It pains them a lot since they don't get to see your smile and get head pats from you anymore but it's fate. Sooner or later they'd have to say goodbye to you anyway whether they like it or not. You and Tanjiro have to go. After all, the 2 of you need to cure your little sister Nezuko.

....To be continued....