Love in Waiting.

Possible manga spoilers?
Demon king Tanjiro au!
Tanjiro is not fully controlled by Muzan, he will have a will of his own so it isn't weird.
Manga spoilers!

~~~~

"Lord, the demon slayers are advancing rapidly-! We should kill them all, you can already conquer them all lord-!" Ichiro, new uppermoon six suggested to the king of demons himself.

"...Do not do anything out of instruction. They will be of no major threat, continue as you would." Tanjiro replied sternly.

"Y-yes lord." Ichiro stammers, leaving the place Tanjiro had been inhabiting. He couldn't make sense of what Tanjiro was trying to do, though this world feared his name more than the previous king of demons, Tanjiro wasn't doing much to really conquer this world. After all, the demon slayer crops still existed, was it his attachment to humans after his own human life?

Ichiro sat to rest in his red shrine home, disguised as a kitsune. The moonlight shining upon his white fur.

"Hello miss, is there anything you need from the likes of me? You can put the sword down, I haven't even laid a paw on you, yet." Ichiro said calmly to the woman in a butterfly haori in front of him. He observed her, in her hair was a purple butterfly hairpiece put into a half up braid. She wore the demon slayer corps uniform and her pink blade shined in the moonlight.

"Ah, so you're an uppermoon. He's already establishing some new ones. I've always wondered how he was doing." She opened her eyes, her eyes were completely recked-! She's blind, to continue demon slaying after that much damage is a great feat. Why is she still slaying demons though? I would lose my reason to continue if my eyes lost sight.

"Hah, you talk as if you know him. Spare me your words pitiful human, today I can take you out of your misery. Maybe the afterlife can return your vision." Ichiro laughs to himself, mocking the poor girl. She didn't especially feel disheartened though, only the bitter feeling of emptiness remained.

She was the first to release an attack and launch at Ichiro, "Flower Breathing Fouth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo." She unleashed a single, graceful attack as Ichiro jumped back to dodge it.

"You sure have some skills! Are you a hashira? How unexpected-! Be ready to meet your end! Blood Demon Art: Six Tail Slash." Six pairs of deep red kitsune tails appeared from Ichiro stretching out to attack the woman as it crashed into the surrounding area.

The woman jumped high into the air through the attacks opening and slowly floated down like a butterfly, defying the definition of gravity.

"Your attack sound is sharp and loud, it's easy to tell where you're going to hit." She launched herself towards Ichiro's direction, holding her sword firmly, "Flower Breathing Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility-!" She agressively and quickly attacked Ichiro from many directions, unleashing nine consecutive attacks from her blade. What she didn't know was that he was already sheltered in the safety of his kitsune tails, he was huddled in a dome protecting himself from the incoming attacks.

By the time she was done her attacks, Ichiro was unscathed. He launched a tail towards her, attacking the side of her stomach, splattering her blood everywhere. Before she could fall to her knees though, Ichiro caught her by the neck and jumped onto the shrine's roof, holding her so her legs dangled from the edge of where he stood.

"What a depressingly short fight... maybe it would've lasted longer if you could-" She swung her sword towards his direction with her free hand, she obviously didn't want to hear what would come out of his mouth next. Ichiro bore her legs and arms together with his tail, having it twist around her legs and arms. In surprise she dropped her blade before the pressure could make it dig into her flesh.