New school

Buzz, buzz, buzz

Ughhhhh, I turn over and look at my alarm clock 7:48 am great I'm going to be late for school. I drag my body towards the bathroom, turn on the shower, and grab my clothes for the day.

Senior year and I'm going to end up late on my first day, great first impression Allorah. Moving across states every couple of months is not ideal when you're a teenage girl, trying to find a relationship like the ones in those books you read.

Like come on who doesn't want a dark brooding toxic male that towers over you and hates everyone but you.

Me.
I
Do
Duh
Obviously.

But you see i don't think I can achieve that intense, earth shattering type of love in 3 weeks max. Yeah, I'm that girl. There for a couple of weeks then poof, gone.

It's February, 6 weeks into the first term and I have been to 5 different schools already. But it's going to be different this time, because me, Jay, mum and dad are in New York for good.

No more moving, no more trying to befriend new people only to leave them a couple of days later. No, this is going to be my home for the rest of the school year until I go to college.

I still don't know where I want to go yet, but I'm definitely looking for somewhere that has an amazing music program.

"Rose hurry up I ain't waiting for your slow ass."

"I'm coming Jay geez!" 

I hop out of my room into the hallway trying to slide my vans on. While also balancing my school bag on my shoulder so my textbooks, books, and notes don't go flying and it starts raining cats and dogs all the way down to the foyer.

What can I say you don't get straight A's from sitting on your ass all day playing fortnite *cough* Jay *cough*

"Have a good day kiddos." Mum and dad yell in unison as Jay closes the door behind us and we jump into his Subaru BRZ.

20 minutes later we arrive at school. The bell rang 8 minutes ago for second period, so we quickly make our way to the administration office, to collect our timetables.

"Are you sure you can handle going to your first class by yourself? You don't need me?" Jay grabs me by my shoulder and forces me to face him as we walk out with our timetables.

His eyes are lit with worry and protectiveness, sometimes I hate when he gets all big brother on me. Even tho he's only 2.3 minutes older, I still love him.

"Yes, I'll be fine look,"

I pull out my white board and marker

"I came prepared for when I enter the battle field."

I look into his eyes with full seriousness, after a few seconds he bursts out laughing clutching his stomach, I do the same I guess we can both be a little over dramatic at times.

But I'm not going to let him make a scene in front of a bunch of people I'm going to spend the rest of the senior year with. Last time he walked me to my class he ended up threatening everyone who dared bully me about my speaking "challenges", that he would not hesitate to introduce them to his two friends 'lightening and thunder', Jays words not mine.

He'd say this while flexing his "big" muscles to add to the scary demeanour. Jay let's out a breath and pulls me into his chest, the warmth of his body envelopes me and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Jay always knows what I need even when I don't, I wrap my arms around his torso.

Even though we're twins somehow he managed to become a whopping 6 foot 4 and counting, while I'm down here with a 5 foot 9 like I'm tall but not compared to him. he presses a light kiss to my forehead.

I pull slightly back to look at his face and smile, he gives me his award winning smile back, his right dimple making an appearance, the one all the girls go crazy for.

"Alright Rose go to class I'll meet you at lunch." I pull away and look down at my timetable, P.E well shit. I look up to say something but Jay is already gone. Count on my twin to leave me alone and wondering how the FRICK he moves so stealthily even I don't notice.

I begin walking to the open building across the campus, I see a lot of kids around my age running laps of the oval, or doing other field events, shot put, long jump, and my personal favourite hurdles.

I look down at my phone and scroll through my comfort songs, while taking deep breaths to try and calm myself.

I might have to confront someone, like talk to them, speak words, start a conversation. OMG, what if I say something wrong and offend them, or I stutter and they start bullying me like others have done in the past.

I think I'm hyperventilating, my vocal cords tighten, I feel my throat begin restricting saying to my body 'I ain't opening to talk to no bitch'. 

I'm to caught up in my thoughts I don't register the faint 'lookout' as a hard weight slams into my side sending me to the ground. I slowly look up to see a group of girls and guys laughing at my figure splayed on the field.

I'm positioned like one of those outlines when there's a murder and they spray paint around the dead body. It kind of looks like their in the middle of running. I slowly get up and brush of the dirt off my clothes.

"Well hello there, little lady"