A Shy Maiden

Year 2, right before his 100 maths score. Cheating... kinda.
___
***

[Ayanokōji Kiyotaka]

"She's still so stubborn."

I muttered uncharacteristically.

I knew I hid it well, but her attitude was slowly getting to me. I've shown Horikita, on multiple occasions of at least, a glimpse of my abilities. Yet, somehow, someway, she finds illogical reasoning to deny such reality.

Saying I was appalled would be a huge understatement.

Do I always have to adjust to her whims, like how I did before, and right now? I didn't want to imagine a pitiful situation like that, but it's becoming more and more likely as the day goes on.

I chose to ascend the eerily darkening stairs instead of using the elevator.

I knew it well but... I lack a more appropriate exercise. Certainly, I was doing enough not to lose too much of my progress throughout the years, however, I could only do so much as I lack the necessary equipment.

Zzz, Zzz.

"....?"

I initially thought it was a message, thus, I planned on checking it at a later time, it was very likely to be Kei or someone from the Ayanokōji Group. Needless to say, it was not a message.

"Good afternoon, Hiyori,"

I slowed down on my footsteps as
I reached outside of the building, feeling the cold air blowing through my body. I took a good look around the vicinity first to see if there were other people nearby, but there's no one, thankfully.

"Good day to you, too, Ayanokōji-kun. Might I borrow some of your time?"

Replied a soft voice from the other side. Still... 4:36, I guess I was free for the whole afternoon.

"Of course. Would you like to talk it over phone, or should we go meet up somewhere?"

"I see, can we meet at your floor's lobby? I'm currently on mine, waiting for the elevator,"

"I'll be there in 5-10 minutes,"

"Then, I'll be waiting."

Beep.

I first put my phone away to my pocket, then checked my clothes to see if it was presentable without changing. I don't think I'd have time to change anyhow.

After shrugging of dust that wasn't there, I made my way towards the dormitories.

My current location wasn't that far, but not that close to it either, I'd have to walk at a faster phase than usual.

Hiyori's call reminded me of my holidays, it's either going out with the group or nothing... I'll ask Hiyori later if it's fine to invite her when I have nothing else in my plans. Still, that might gather some misunderstandings that I'm just using her to pass time– to which I'm not, that's why I'll make sure to mention it at the right place and the right time.

I couldn't make any assumptions that my schedule would be packed any time soon, my relationship with Kei will not be revealed anytime soon, as for others...

Ichinose likely held no further interest in me, other than as little more than close friends with the experiences we've had, with her thinking the entirety of Class-B was on her hands. I didn't have any other people in mind, though, Sakayanagi is likely to agree on the spot if I asked her.

Point is, I can't get delusional, I didn't have any choices to be so.

I soon saw the dormitory, its students going in and out. The large minority of them were girls in their groups, either just getting back from shopping or those who looked like they were about to go on a date. My ascent was relatively silent, I didn't notice a classmate nor someone I knew, it's unknown whether or not my classmates even wants to talk to me outside of our classroom.