Dancing with the Devil

As the pair entered the manor, they could hear the sounds of classical music and the soft murmur of the guests chatting.

The pair walked through the hallway looking around as they did so from the expensive vases to the paintings on the wall.

They finally reached the doors where the ball was being held.

They turned to each other and nodded before giving their names to the announcer.

"Miss Bonnie Bennett and her date Mrs Sage Mikaelson!"

Bonnie and Sage entered the room to see everyone already staring at them.

Sage walked forward when she felt Bonnie freeze and grabbed her into a conversation about what she's going to do after she defeats Esther to ease her nerves.

Bonnie was grateful for it and told her about how she was going to Augustine next.

The girls walked to the drink table and when Bonnie had passed Sage a drink when she saw someone standing behind Sage, looking nervous.

Bonnie smiled at him encouragingly, something that did not go unnoticed by Sage who turned around to see what Bonnie was smiling at.

A gasp escaped her throat as she stared at the person in front of her.

She placed her hand on his cheek and he instantly leant into her touch.

A sob threatened to escape her but she contained it so she wouldn't make a scene in front of everyone looking.

900 years.

"You look as beautiful as the day I last saw you."

Screw not crying.

Sage felt tears streaming down her face as she replied, "I've missed you so much, min kjærlighet (My love)."

 A.N. They're speaking Norwegian

Finn replied as tears glistened in his eyes, "And I you, min vakre jomfru (my fair maiden)."

Sage choked out a laugh from her tears, "You remembered."

Finn only shook his head, smiling, "How could I ever forget?"

A sniffle comes from behind them as they see the Bennett witch fan her face down.

"Are you crying Bonnie?" Sage asked, laughter in her voice.

Bonnie scoffed.

"No. Of course I'm not. There's an eyelash in my eye."

Sage nods unconvinced at Bonnie's reasoning.

Bonnie wipes under her eye and turns to Finn, outstretching her hand.

"It's nice to finally meet you in person Finn."

And it was.

She felt Finn's character was portrayed wrong.

Daggered for 900 years, only to wake and be controlled by his mother.

He wants to finally live with his wife, he gets killed by Matt.

Let's not talk about what he did in New Orleans when he came back except from when he finally got accepted into Always & Forever and he died from Lucien's bite.

"You as well Miss?"

"Bonnie Bennett." she filled in.

Finn turned her hand and kissed it before telling her, "It's lovely to know that Ayanna's bloodline has continued on."

Bonnie didn't know how to reply to that so she just nodded.

Someone is staring, Bonnie's magic whispered.