Welcome to Hogwarts

(Song for chapter: Goodbye by Ramsey )

The train's infamous whistle sounded and students ran to the windows lining it, waving goodbyes at family members. New students walked nervously through the train searching for a place to sit, off in the distance a sweet and welcoming old lady shouted if anyone wanted anything off the trolly. Kara and Barry always asked for more sweets then either of them should've been able to handle, and yet they managed to eat every last magical piece.

Kara loved every moment of the train ride to Hogwart's. Currently Winn and Alex were discussing how important it was for her to pass her O.W.L. this year if she wanted to get into a good University. James set across from Kara polishing his broom and going over new strategies he had for the Gryffindor team this year that he'd created all through summer holiday. Kara commended him but smiled as she affirmed that the true winner would be Hufflepuff this year. Both James and Alex stopped what they were doing to yell and say how ridiculous it was and that Gryffindor was on a rise. Winn and Kara began laughing and begging for them to take a seat before they caused a scene.

While Kara was more than happy in this exact moment, there was one person she was anxiously awaiting their arrival. Her girlfriend Lena Luthor.

The couple had been writing letters to each other all summer, and had even met up a few times for dates that left both of them with butterflies. Kara couldn't believe she was dating Lena. She was brilliant and funny and always took Kara's breath away when she was in her presence. She couldn't explain what it was about Lena, just that it had felt like she'd finally met her equal. No one brought out the best in Kara the way Lena did.

As if knowing she was thinking of her, raven hair peeked around the corner and through their compartments doors came none other than Lena Luthor. Kara immediately brightened and ran to hug her girl. Lena's emerald eyes sparked when they landed on Kara's face and they hugged tightly in the middle of the space. Soon people made vomiting noises and they broke apart blushing fiercely. A mess of brown hair came through the door and entered Lex Luthor, Lena's sometimes malicious brother. True he had been an annoyance to the supersquad last year but in the end he had been welcomed into their little group. He shook Winn's hand and awkwardly gave James a fist bump.

Finally everyone was here.

Kara turned to Lena who was entwining their hands.

"I missed you so much," she whispered into her ear.

Lena blushed and giggled slightly from Kara tickling her ear.

"I missed you too Supergirl."

Kara groaned dramatically, "Not that name still."

Lena laughed, "Whyyy I think it absolutely suits you."

"What does?" James asked bringing the others into the conversation.

"Kara's nickname, Supergirl."

Alex laughed out loud, "Oh yes the infamous Hufflepuff's Supergirl. Let's see if she lives up to that name this year on the quidditch pitch."

"With me as Slytherins captain this year, you'll all be trying to live up to your names I'm afraid," Lex stated with a smirk.

James smiled from ear to ear, "Oh it's on Luthor I'm gonna make you eat your words."

"Yeah! We're gonna take you down," Alex shouted and her and James cheered.

"This is going to be the best year," Kara stated as she leaned into her love and laughed at her friends.

Soon she'd learn how wrong she was.

The group arrived at Hogwart's and soon they were in the Dinning Hall at each of their respective tables with their houses. Alex and James sat at the Gryffindor table. Followed by Winn and Lena at the Ravenclaw table, Kara and Barry at Hufflepuff, and Lex at the Slytherin table.