VII

It's 9:30 now, by a humongous antique clock spared in an empty room having a scarcity of furniture yet abound in tall walls carrying a legacy of refined oil paintings.
The wallpaper, though old, is a perfect portrayer of times;
Times in which the countess dwelled in the bounds of the very same mansion.
Metallic antiquities lie here in utmost delicacy on coffee tables across the room.
Paintings, of Filial kind to be accurate, are most prevalent among the pieces.
In the middle of the room, hangs a ginormous chandelier, which could sell in billions in today's time.
The crystals, though much dull as compared to when they would have been scintillating in their own eras, along with Roman art pieces staging the blood sucking creatures' supremacy over mortal beings abide therein.
Overall, I can never stop being astonished by how less, we humans know about the universe and its beings.
Alas! She must have never even imagined for a human to exceed the misty garden preceeding her lodge.

Yet here I am, with her sons, all of us, praying that we do not get caught for our mischievous sorcery.
"Enjoying your in-law's house?", I look up to see Wonwoo stalling around the room, observing each and every painting just like I am.

"more like... Thinking how to steal one of these", I successfully earn a chuckle from him.

"You talk like you know a lot about us", Wonwoo raises an eyebrow while turning his head...and in a second ahead, his whole body turns to face me.

"Tell me girl.. Aren't you scared of us?"
He gradually leans in towards me as I receed my steps behind.

"Why would I? You guys seem n..nice"
I stop when he stops leaning over me, our faces inches apart.

"Nice you say...", he simply reverts to his position and proceeds to walk in the direction of the door.
How awkward, he didn't even look back.

By midnight, all the members seemed to have gathered in the common room where a long table with consecutive seats lay

"it's Nice to see you all come home once in a full moon aye", the lady of the house addresses her guests as she walks in towards the head-seat in a stern manner.
.

.

We all bow to her while Seungcheol rushes to kiss the back of her hand.
She then sits down following which we all do.

"My love, you look beautiful, look at this youthful flush on your face,This magnificent shine in your eyes", she grabs my face up by the chin

This magnificent shine in your eyes", she grabs my face up by the chin.
What if she feels the heat on my cheeks right now?

.
.
"After all, she lead my sons home after such a long time.", she states to herself.
All heads go down at this statement, only Joshua dares to break the monotony.

"Mother... We have settled in the human world, we conformed to their rules despite the fact that you ultimately despise them.
We deserve your wrath upon us.", he nows in silence as the rest of the boys join him.

"Yes mother, wish upon, and it will be granted for you tonight", Jeonghan adds.

.
.
"hm... Oh don't be like that son... You're making our guest nervous, isn't it?" , she glances over to me who might be loosing sweat for now.

"It's a pleasure to meet you ma dame", I state the script entrusted to me by the boys while Vernon gives me a nod of approval.

"I'm sure you must be wary of the fact that unlike my sons, I specifically loathe human beings.", her face came one on one with mine as if she was condemning me.
Shit this wasn't in the script.
What am I supposed to do?

It only takes a second for her to be this close to me before she jerks her head back in reluctance.

"So tell me, Are you all going to marry the same girl?", the lady asks, perturbed by something.

"Yes mother.... We are", Mingyu states.

"but she has three conditions.", Junhui adds.

"First, she belongs to a well-off family, so her feeding habits tend to be more gentle.
She requests no one to accompany her feeding routine.", Junhui observes an impressed look on his mother's face.

"Second, she wishes to keep up with her favorite deodorant...
I mean the fragrance.", Vernon steps up with his important condition.
While a strange reaction approaches her brows, I notice my stomach which has by now, started to growl at being supper deprived.

"Third, she wishes no child bearing for the time being", with this, Joshua ends the speech.

The lady eyes me suspiciously which gets my empty stomach churning;
In lieu of butterflies there were rats wrecking havoc inside.
Before our little secret is let out, I immediately think of excusing myself to the bathroom.

But wait...do vampires even use a bathroom? Definitely a no-no.
Figuring no way out of this mess, I signal Seungkwan with my eyes.
Somehow, he seemed to have caught a hold of my plea and nods at me.

"Mother please excuse us...", Seungkwan interrupts the, now silent room.

.

.