Wanda | don't ask me

Prompt: 'What's so special about the 14th?' 'It's February,' 'And?'
Genre: fluff
_________________
After the Ultron incident, when Wanda moved into the avengers compound, you made the choice to get to know her. It was hard at first, Wanda was grieving the loss of her twin and adjusting to a new life. You made sure to always be by her side and help her through everything. Even when Wanda tried to push you away, you never left. The two of you spent countless nights watching all kinds of movies and tv shows while you introduced Wanda to all of your favourite foods and she cooked you some of hers.

You never told Wanda, but all those nights and days you spent by her side caused your heart to grow. Your feelings for her kept growing stronger and stronger the more time you spent around her. With Valentine's Day coming up you thought it would be the perfect time to ask Wanda out, ask her to be your Valentine.

The whole team would occasionally talk about the date around the compound. Every time Wanda was confused, not understanding the importance of the date that everyone was talking about. But not being completely comfortable around them yet she opted to not ask them in case she was intruding on the team, not wanting to feel even more out of place.

You and Wanda were halfway through your favourite romcom when she paused the movie, 'Are you okay, Wands?' You instantly looked at her, concerned, wanting to make sure she was okay.

'What's so special about the 14th?' Wanda felt comfortable enough around you to ask about the date she had been hearing everyone talk about for the last week.

'It's February,' You shrugged, not realising that Wanda had never heard of the day before. The holiday being normalised where you grew up that you forgot it's not celebrated every where.

'And?' Wanda was growing frustrated at not understanding the importance. Not knowing made her feel like she didn't belong.

'Oh,' You shook your head at yourself, slightly ashamed that you didn't pick up on Wanda's expressions sooner, 'Wands, it's Valentine's Day. Have you ever heard about it?' You had turned your full attention towards Wanda. She shook her head no which pushed you to continue telling Wanda everything you thought about Valentine's Day.

Wanda was intrigued, listening to every word you were saying. You were stuck deep in your explanation you didn't notice the way Wanda was looking at you. Your thoughts around her were quite loud and not having complete control over her powers she often heard your thoughts about her. She didn't want to tell you that she could hear you, in fear that you would think she did that on purpose and she didn't want to lose you. At least she knew that her feelings were requited.

'So let me see if I understand,' You nodded urging Wanda to continue, 'It's a day where lovers express their affections with greetings and gifts. And you can ask someone to be your Valentine, essentially a date for the day,' You confirmed her statement with a nod, smiling when you realised you were able to explain it in a way where she understood. Also slightly bashful that you didn't think of the more simplified way to say it instead of a big ramble, 'Well in that case, Y/N, will you be my Valentine?'

'What! Wands, no, I wanted to ask you,' You pouted, which didn't last long when you connected your eyes with hers, 'Of course I'll be your Valentine, if you'll be mine,' You countered which was enough since you still got to ask her in a round about way.

'It would be my pleasure,'