Prologue

The car horn was beeping over and over again. I rushed around grabbing all my essentials, including my key and bag. I frantically put on my shoes whilst zipping up my coat. Tying my hair in a ponytail, I ran downstairs. The horn still beeping, I locked the door and ran down the driveway. I jumped into the car, buckled my seatbelt, and sighed. "You really need to set an alarm." Marta said as we drove down the road. " I did but I completely ignored it," I replied, "and anyway I made it." Marta looked at me and chuckled "Just" I chuckled and looked out the window. It was beautiful, the trees swayed in the breeze, the crimson leaves danced slowly down through the wind, landing on the grass. The sun shone through an opening in the branches. I smiled. 

We slowed down as Marta pulled up to the house. Thrombey mansion. A stunning three stories tall, with an old-fashioned exterior and interior, hundreds of rooms, a massive library filled to the brim with books and a humongous garden, all for one man.The great Harlan Thrombey. A man who was kind and generous but firm and fair at the same time.  He was very private and professional, he liked everything to be perfect. To be honest , I was surprised when he employed me, as I'm far from perfect and professional but nevertheless I needed the money. And good money it was too, $20 per hour. I jumped for joy when he hired me , he looked at me and said, " Remember Y/n, professional." I nodded, thanked him and left. When I got home, I screamed with happiness.