Part 3

Marta's POV:

I'm such an idiot. How could have I mixed the drugs up? How could I have given Harlan 100mg of Morphine instead of his normal medicine? I emptied all my belongings on the floor; desperate to find the antidote. " I must say this would be a good method of murder, killing the victim with the wrong dosage." Harlan got his notebook and started to write. How the fuck could he be so calm? " So in ten minutes I will be stone cold dead?" He asks, still writing. "Yes, you feel symptoms of sweats and disorientation, and in ten minutes..." I couldn't find it. I started to cry, this couldn't happen. It's impossible. " I'm sure I packed everything, where's the antidote?" Harlan stops and leans back in his chair. " Even if the victim called an ambulance when he first felt symptoms, the ambulance would take at least fifteen minutes to arrive, which is too late. That is if he didn't have this antidote." I was still searching, beads of sweat rolled down my forehead. I was scared,no, terrified.

I jumped up and grabbed the phone. "The antidote isn't here" Frantically, I pushed the buttons for the ambulance. "Hello, I need an ambulance immediately....." The line went dead. "Hello!?!" I pushed the buttons over and over again. "Marta"  His finger was holding down the cradle. His eyes locked with mine; serious and sad. "Harlan please, you need help." I dropped the phone and rushed to grab my cellphone. Harlan swiftly got up and tripped me . I hit the floor with a thunk. I tried to speak but Harlan placed his hand over my mouth. "Now listen Marta, even if you did call the ambulance and they arrived, by the time they were up here I would be dead. We have six minutes left and there is one last thing I wish to do but I need your help to complete said wish. Do you think you can help me?" Harlan lifted his hand and looked at me. A pleading look invaded his eyes. 

"W..w..what is the thing you wish to do?" I sat up. "I want to get you out of this." "Harlan...no..what?" I stutter. "Think of your mother, what will happen to her?" I stared at him, he smiled gently. There was a light knock at the door, breaking the silence. Harlan lifted me up and whispered in my ear, "Act as if nothing is happening." I nodded and Harlan opened the door. Joni was standing at the door in her Pjs. She asked if everything  was ok. Harlan assured her and she left. 

Harlan holds me shoulders and looks me in the eyes. "So will you help me?" I nod in response. We conjured up a plan: I would leave and return using the outside decor, put on his robe and hat, be seen by Walt and Jacob acting as if I were Harlan then leave. It seemed absurd but strangely it was clever. 

I left Harlan and did the plan as best as I could remember. 'You'll be fine' I repeated in my head over and over again. After I finished the plan I climbed back down. I jumped out of my skin when I saw Greatnana in the window, staring at me. "Ransom? Are you back already?" I sighed a sigh of relief and carefully run back to my car. God I hope this works.