The Shadow Hunters

Jace POV:
We finally arrived at the mansion for our mission. We had been sent by the clave due to us being the best, the only shadows hunters who had a chance at infaltrating valantines stronghold.

Alec smashed the door down and started shooting arrows at the men. I then drew my sword and threw myself into the fray of bodies. Most were dead in the next few minutes, we then heard footsteps approaching. They were loud and firm, we both turned and saw Valentine Morgenstern standing in all his glory. He looked ready to kill.

He started marching towards us, I looked at Alec and sent each other a silent message, "Together". As we raised our weapons we heard a cry of what sounded like a baby.

The killing look on the monsters face turned into worry and he rushed back up the stairs.
"What was that?" I asked confused. Alec shrugged and we both followed. Valentine would never run from a fight or scared at the prospect of losing to two shadow hunter. We followed him silently through the winding corridors until he reached a door with a name painted on in pink and cursive.

He turned around before opening the door with the whimpering coming from it. "I will kill you both. If you lay a hand on her I will torture you to insanity first." Before either of us could interject he pushed the door open to reveal a beautiful nursery.

He rushed over to the big crib in the middle of the room anpicked up the girl who was inside. As soon as I laid eyes on her beautiful black hair, emerald eyes and button nose I knew that this was mine and Alec's mate. But what was she doing in here with VALENTINE MORGANSTERN?

"It's okay baby daddy is here now, nothing is going to hurt you ever again. They will never get you." We both stood side by side in the doorway as Valantine placed our mate on his hip and she snuggled into him. I couldn't take not knowing what was going on and spoke up.

"What is going on here?" As I spoke my beautiful mate looked up at me and murmured softly, "mates". This caused the man holding her to go rigid. "What do you mean by mates baby. Can you tell daddy?"
It was my time to go rigid. Did he just refer to himself as 'daddy' as in father.

He cooed at her as she says, "There both my mates daddy. Can I meet them properly?"

"Of course, anything for you baby girl but you still need to continue your nap. They will be here when you wake up." I watched him rock her before putting her back in the crib. He turned to us but not with anger but something I couldn't put by finger on. Alec shifted next to me.

He led us out of the room, closed the door and led us to the living room. We still had our weapons ready for if he attacked us. "I think we need to have a conversation about my daughter being your mate."

"Why is she in a nursery, since when did you have a daughter and why have you not killed us?"

"My sweet little girl lived with her mother and sister after my wife Jocelyn Fairchild ranway with both of them. Since she was born it was very clear that she didn't like Elizabeth. She refused to look after her but she doted on her sister Clary. I was a single parent to her. After they ran I knew that her mother wouldn't treat her good, I don't know what she did to her since she has only been back for a day. Elizabeth has seemed to develop a coping mechanism that I thought she might, it is called age regression."

"What is age regression?" Alec spoke with curiousity I was feeling. "Age regression is a form of therapy that encourages you to access and relive traumatic or stressful memories by reverting to a younger state of mind." We both nodded in understanding.

"It is quite common among people with parental issues so I had it made for her when I sent my men to retriever her. And for your last question I have not killed you two because you are her mates and I want her to be happy but I still want her with me."

"How about she spends a week here with you and then a week at the New York institute?" Alec propositioned, always the diplomatic one which is why he is the head of the institute and why I was relieved to have him here.