~Nothing Will Change

Warning and Note: Ok, this chapter is sad ngl, death is mentioned throughout all of it. More to say at the end of the chapter.

If it's been a while you haven't read the chapter before this one, I highly suggest you do since it happens exactly after it.

Also, in this fanfic, the reanimation jutsu can be done with other methods and not only by living sacrifices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate death" were the first words out of Orochimaru after a long silence.

Jiraiya wasn't sure how to respond to this so he just kept silent.

"Death takes everything precious from everyone... I've seen it over and over again... and I'm tired"

He sounded exactly like that, tired but also frustrated which was relatively new for Jiraiya. 

"First my parents and everyone in my village... then Tsunade lost Nawaki and Dan...-"

Orochimaru was closing his fists as he kept saying other victims. Jiraiya couldn't stop looking at him. This is the most human he has seen him be. It all finally clicked for him, it all made sense now.

"And then Chiharu-"

"I think I understand what you mean-"

"NO YOU DON'T" said Orochimaru loudly looking at him in the eyes for the first time. 

"People are too fragile, that's why this keeps happening."

"And what do you reckon we do about it?" asked Jiraiya carefully. He was never one to think his words out before saying them but seeing how fragile his serpentine friend was in front of him, he needed to take things slow.

Orochimaru looked at him confused.

"What do you mean what we can do about it?" asked Orochimaru as he walked to the second hokage's forbidden scroll.

"The key is here! If I can find a way for the dead to revive and stay, I can then know how to maintain everyone strong and alive!" 

"Orochimaru-"

"I'm so close to the answer! I know I can do it!"

Jiraiya stood up from his seat "Orochimaru-"

"All I need is a little more time!"

"Orochimaru!"

"WHAT?" he responded hesitantly.

"What did your parents told you when you revived them?"

Orochimaru was stunned. "How did you-"

"I noticed that your mom's corpse has a tattoo on her neck.... the same ones that Minako's parents had..."

Minako is a fellow Konoha ninja with the same age as them and his parents sadly died a week ago in a mission gone wrong. When you reanimate someone with a person who died recently, not every aspect of the person's soul you want revived takes over the corpse.

Orochimaru couldn't close his mouth trying to spit words but he couldn't... all he could manage to get out were suddenly tears.

To this, Jiraiya was as stunned as he ever could be. Orochimaru, the person who always learnt everything so quickly, the one who made everything look so easy specially when it wasn't, the one who seemed confident at all times, the one who would never budge in to daily pleasures and studied all the time, the one Jiraiya felt he needed to one up all the time, the one who looked like it had everything under control.... was now crying... crying for help.