1

Soft raps bounced off the windows as the rain fell from gloomy clouds that hung over the small open front hut, that sat in dense woodland with mushrooms and moss scattered across the roof and round the small hideaway.

The loud crunching of leaves and the splash of puddles could be heard further down the invisible path as a group of teens laughed as they attempted to cover an African American boy with crutches supporting him as he walked up to the hut with a white plastic bag in hand.

Finally reaching the other four kids placed their coats in a pile in the corner before helping the limping teen with the bag that was still in his hand.

He rolled his eyes as a thin girl took the bag from him," it's my leg that's broken not my arms," he huffed as he sat on a bean bag propping his foot on a cushion.

Without looking at him the Latino laughed, keeping an eye on the furnace that had a small ketal on top," she's just being nice Reeve, Vanessa didn't mean anything by it," he continued placing wood in the bottom before standing up and brushing himself off," Kia, your hands dried yet?"

A ginger-haired teen sat on a stool rubbing his hands onto his pants and shaking them," almost Adam, ill light the oven soon," he smiled as he spoke keeping his hands in view as small sparks flew off from his palms.

Adam gave a quick nod standing up walking over to a ladder looking up it," you found the blankets yet Mira, Vanessa is about to put on the food," he cupped his mouth slightly making his voice echo up to the shadowed crawl space.

After a minute a pile of blankets covered him, making him look almost ghost-like," yea-," Mira peered down to her shorter who was covered in a pile of blankets, she laughed as she climbed down helping Adam to take the blanket cage off of him," sorry mate, didn't think you were that close to the ladder."

After a few minutes of fumbling, they were all finally sat in front of the TV, with trays over their blanketed laps watching the Tv as cartoons played.

Reeve groaned as Adam and Kia both sat glued to the screen," why do you have to watch this, why not a horror movie or an action movie," he scooped rice into his mouth as he spoke.

Mira gave a soft sigh," you know when its Adam's choice he'll choose these," she laughed as she glanced at her younger friend glued to the TV smiling, taking another bite of her food they turned to Reeve," plus, you'll end up watching them anyway, so best to skip the anxious Adam bit right?"

Reeve reluctantly nodded looking down at Adam tapping him on the shoulder," your food going cold if you don't want it, cover it up and put it in the fridge save it for later," Adam gave a quick nod standing up and walking into the kitchen-like area.

Vanessa and Kia laughed and said in unison, " father Reeve," they both laughed louder as Adam sat down just in front of Reeve.

Adam ignored the giggles and continued watching the TV smiling slightly, fiddling with his sleeve as the show continued with pranks and unrealistic bumps forming on their heads whenever they hit heads.

After a few more cartoon episodes and everyone finished their food, they all gathered their plates and pushed their bean bags together making a makeshift couch.

Everyone started to chat among themselves, But Kia eventually got bored of that," who wants to play truth or dare?"