Chapter 1

A boy woke up in his bed.

It was early.

Too early for his liking.

He turned to his night stand and looked at his alarm clock.

6:30 am

He didn't have to be awake until 7:00, so he decided to go back to sleep.

He turned around and closed his eyes. Sighing into the comforting and warm bed.

- CLAY! WAKE UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!

Clay woked up with his mother yelling at him.

He groaned.

- It's so early though...

He turned to his alarm clock.

7:59 am

He jumped out of bed.

- WHAT THE HELL!!!

He quickly put on the first thing he saw, rushing to brush his teeth. He didn't care about eating breakfast or brushing his hair. He could eat something at school, he was way too late.

He basically jumped off the stairs, seeing his mother in the kitchen.

- WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?? I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!

- I did tried to wake you up, you sleep like a rock. Not even a hurricane could wake you up.

His mother said crossing her arms. Clay grabbed his keys on the counter.

- Where's Drista?

- She already left. She didn't want to be late on her first day.

Clay groaned. He quickly yelled bye to his mom and left to his car.

It was the first day of senior year, and he was late.

It's a 10 minute ride from his house to the school. He pushed the gas a little over the speed limit and prayed that there wasn't any cops on the way to school.

It wasn't strange for Clay to be late, it was actually really normal. But it was the first day, he likes to at least try to be on time on the first day.

When he got to the school he sprinted to the front office to get a tardy slip so he didn't waste any more time.

On the way, he bumped into someone.

He was running so fast they both fell on the ground.

- Sorry! I'm really sorry! I was in such a rush I didn't see you!

- It's fine.

He quickly helped the kid up and gather their things. He didn't even looked at the kid, barelly aknowloging his existence before he was rushing to the front office again.

He was almost 20 minutes late.

He got to class, recieving dirty looks from his classmates.

- Late on the first day, should I be surprise?

- Sorry Mr. Soot.

Clay said, quickly seating down near the back.

Mr. Soot, he was probably one of the coolest teachers. He teached History, and he had 3 kids in the school, 2 seniors and a freshman, all part of Clay's friend group. Though the youngest basically invited himself.

He was unecessarily loud, but he was a good kid.

- Dude what happened? You're almost never late on the first day. You usually leave it for the rest of the year.