Awakening

'

''See you later mom!'' Called Izuku back, Inko swiftly made her way right beside him. She was fiddling with her hands in nervousness, her paleness an obvious signal at her apprehension of seeing Izuku go every morning, even when she knew he had to go to school.

''Izuku wait! Do you have your taser with you? First aid kit? Phone fully charged?'' Inko said in quick succession, Izuku waved her off dismissively, yet not unkindly.

''Don't worry mom, I have everything in my bag. I'll text you when I arrive at the school alright?''

Inko, of course, couldn't resist giving Izuku a farewell hug, it was a habit at this point.

''Take care sweetheart''

Izuku smiled at her, yet a tone of bitter sadness could be felt in his expression.  Inko pretended not to notice.

__________

Going through the streets with quick steps, Izuku hunched over to appear smaller; easier to miss. A black hoodie was worn above the school uniform, hopefully hiding his identity as a student, sadly his stature did not do him any favors in that regard.

He stared down at his favorite red shoes, his hands tightening around his backpack's black straps. The sounds of an ambulance could be heard not that far away.

He needed to be quicker if he didn't want to be late, but he was reluctant to head to the nightmare that was school once again. Not like it was anything compared to what father put him through, so desperate to make him manifest a quirk, even after years, his 'training session had held no results' and had finally given up on his family with Inko, much more interested with rising through the ranks of the mafia he was a part of.

It was a wonder the mafia seemed to forget them as well, Inko had been terrified of the idea of their villainous organization kidnapping Izuku for human experimentation.

Izuku did not want to think about that.

On a higher note, Bakugou was still ignoring him, which was actually a good thing, seeing as everyone else ranged between insulting him and beating him up. He understood why his childhood friend had distanced himself, it was a wonder he hadn't joined the bullies, really. Seeing as many times they mocked him for even seeing Deku as a friend once.

He could still feel the bruises of yesterday's beating session, not that he wasn't used to it, after experiencing his father's attempts at a trauma-induced quirk, broken bones weren't that hard to shrug off. Yesterday's and the weeks worth of bruises were nothing compared to that.

Izuku sighed softly, green dull eyes stared onto the looming figure of his school.

One more day, he can tolerate this one more day, and then he'll tell himself the same tomorrow after he'd seen his mother cook him katsudon after a hard day at work.

It was worth it if it was for her. It had to be.

_____

"Yuuei? Little useless Deku wants to go to Yuuei? Aww~ how cute! I bet he even dreams of being the number 1 hero!"