Morpheus

I took over for Tank. He operated and I helped them out of the chairs. Once everybody was done, I got to the final person.

"Let me know when Morpheus is out." I said.

"Natasha...Morpheus isn't coming." Neo said.

"He's not? Why...what happened?" I asked, following Neo. "Neo."

"He sacrificed himself to get me out." Neo said. He shook his head, "I'll never find out why." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said. "You seemed close to him."

"Who did this to them?" Neo asked, changing the subject. Turning to Apoc and Switch.

I pointed to the burnt up Cypher. "He did." I say. "I tried to stop him...but it didn't work." I say. "I could have done more." I say.

"No, don't blame yourself."

"What about Mouse?" I asked, avoiding his battered face. Both Neo and Trinity looked at each other, then at Tank. Then back to each other. Then me.

"The agents...they got to him first."

My eyes filled again. "He was so young..." I say.

"Nineteen." Tank said. "Youngest ever on our ship in my time."

"He was so sweet too." I say. As I thought, Neo and Tank talked about different things that they could do.

"There is somthing...we pull the plug."

"But...that will kill him! That's the opposite of what we want!" I say.

"You're gonna kill him? Kill Morpheus?"

Tank looked at Neo, then me. I gave a light nod. The last words I said to him were cold with disrespect, and full of hate. I don't think I'd ever forgive myself. Tank gave a wonderful speech. Not that he could hear us at all. I just looked down at the ground.

"Stop!" Neo said suddenly. "I don't believe this is happening."

"Neo, this has to be done." Tank said.

"Does it? I don't know...this can't be just a coincidence. It can't be."

"What are you talking about."

"The Oricle. She told me this would happen. She told me that I would have to make a choice."

"What choice?" Trinity asked. Neo looked, and walked off. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going in." Neo said desperately.

"No you're not." Trinity said.

I followed Neo to the circle.

"Neo, Morpheus sacrificed himself so we could get you out. There's no way you're going back in."

"Morpheus did what he did because he believed I'm someone I'm not."

"What?"

"I'm not the one Trinity, the Oracle told me."

"No, you have to be.

"I'm sorry I'm not."

"I won't let them get away with this." I say.

"Natasha...Morpheus told you to stay out of the Matrix. Hell, you've never been in it before anyway." Tank said.

"Tank, do you really think I'm going to sit around here and watch Morpheus be saved? I have a plan..." I say. "So as far as we know, I come off as an agent in the Matrix, right?"

"Yes."

"If she goes in, she can buy me some time, and I'll go save Morpheus."

"I'll probably end up getting myself captured. But I'll break Morpheus out. They will distract the agents. All three of them will have to chase you. I'll break myself out then, and join then you."

"How do you know it'll work?"

"The agents are dumb Tank." I say. "They're gonna leave me there. If they don't, then I'll just have to find my own way out."

Sneaking up one step at a time, I listened, took a few more steps listened. Then I got to the floor. But as I stepped on the floor, Agents Brown and Johnson were coming down the stairs from the floor above. They stopped, froze, and stared at me, looking confused. I stared back, also frozen in place. With my sunglasses glaring at them, and the wrinkled suit. The agents looked at each other, then me, and then they went into attack mode. Both of them in unison grabbed me, putting me up to the wall, and cuffs around my wrists. I kept my hands spread, as to leave room for my escape. They walked me into the room. There he was..."Morpheus?" I asked.

"Agent Gale-?" Smith began.

"It's Natasha," I interrupted.

"Natasha." He corrected. "You really think, I didn't see this coming?"

"You're an agent. I wouldn't expect you to be smart about it."

Smith looked insulted, but smiled surely. "We can see you, Natasha. I can get into your head. Get I to your dreams." He said, smirking. "Even into your training programs." I glared. "Please Natasha. Sit! You'll be here for a while."

I reached into my pocket, grabbing the phone. "Tank! Don't let them in!" I called. "It's a trap!" I dropped the phone on the floor, and stepped on it, smashing it. I yanked on the chains. Slipping one hand out, but a click stopped me in my tracks.

"Turn around, Natasha. Face me." Smith ordered with a strong voice. We were distracted by a sound.

"No!" Smith said.

A helicopter. I reached up, and pulled off the sunglasses. As I ran, Neo, shattered a hole in the window. He tossed me a bungee clip, and as I fell, I clipped it to the harness under the suit jacket. I hung on for dear life as Trinity lowered another harness to me. I was on my feet. They were going to save Morpheus then fly away. I'd distract the Agents.

"Dont look down. Don't look down." I reminded myself. It only made me more curious, and I looked down. "I looked down!" I said.

"Don't think about it!" Trinity advised, calling down to me hanging on by a thread. All the sudden, down falls a new person, hanging on.

"Go!" Neo ordered. We started spinning.

"Down! Down!" Trinity cried as I felt the helicopter go near the top of a building. I landed on my feet. So did Neo. But the helicopter we were attached to didn't. It would yank us away if we didn't do something.

"Come on!" I cried. Neo and I slid across the ground, being dragged by the weight of the helicopter. I held the helicopter steady while he helped Trinity. But just as Trinity was freed, the helicopter pulled me over the edge.

"No!" Neo cried. I reached out desperately for Trinity's outstretched hand, but it was too late. I flew down. I pulled the clip off the harness and was freed from the helicopter. I turned and saw Neo, reaching out a hand, Trinity stared sadly. My life in this place flashed before my eyes.

Goodbye Matrix....

Just as I hit the ground, I woke up again, in a bed. I shrieked.

"You're awake." The familiar face glared down at me with distaste.

"How'd I do it?" I cried. "I hit the ground...I felt it."

Brring, brrring, brrring

I reached out my hand desperately, but it was slammed down by Smith.

"No, that won't be happening." He said. "Agent Gale." He said, raising his voice. The door in the room opened, and a new person with sunglasses appeared. I recognized the face.

"Dad?!" I yelled.