Escape

"Get back!" I hissed.

Brrrring.  Brrrring.  

"Leave her with me." Dad said.  

"Stay away from me!  Traitor!" I made a desperate reach for the phone, getting a hand on it.  I gripped tight as three men all wrestled me down.  "Get off of me!" I reached the phone closer and closer to my ear, then an arm plastered mine with the phone to the table.

"No!  No!  Neo!  Neo, make them stop!  Help!" I yelled.

"He can hear you, Ms Gale." Smith whispered close to my ear.  The fricking creep.  He held the phone just close enough that I wouldn't switch.  

"Neo!  Please.  Just-" I looked at my dad.  "Pull it."

"Nat!  You can hear me?" He cried.  

"Pull it Neo!  Get me out of this!"

"Dont." Dad said.  He took the phone, slamming it down, ripping out the cord.  And throwing the whole thing to me.

Please Neo…any second now.

Silence fell upon the room. I silently prepared to be taken out of here.  I was disappointed when ten minutes later, I was still sitting there.  

Brrrring, brrring.  

"How?!" Dad cried.  I grabbed it, swiping it just in time.  A struggle ensued.  Arms on mine but just as they were….I felt that tingly feeling in my toes.  

"You'll never escape from us...Natasha Gale."

Then I woke up.  

"NEO?" I cried.  His face stood over me, and as they took out the pins I jumped into his arms.  He hugged me, spinning me in a circle.  

"Natasha." I heard the deep voice command.  

"Yes captain." I say, turning to Morpheus.  He stared.  "I'll head back to my room.  I accept any additional punishment this receives me." I say.

"You helped save my life." Morpheus said in disbelief.  "Afterwards, I realized, your punishment didn't fit the crime.  What you did was admirale."

"It was?" 

"You faced your fear of the Agent.  Then you did it once more to save me.  And again when you woke up." He said. "I'm sorry nobody believed you."

"Thank you...Morpheus."  And just as I was left to my own thoughts, the last words I heard echoed through my head.  I turned to the screen of the Matrix.  And for an instant, one of the screens was blank.  A tiny green cursor blinked across as someone typed.  

YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE FROM US...NATASHA GALE.

"Neo!" I say, beckoning him over.  But just as he arrived the monitor blinked back to the Matrix.  

"Yeah?" He asked, also looking at the coding. 

"Thank you."

((A/N HEY GUYS!!  Part one is done!  I'm super excited to say that.  This is going to be split up now.  If you haven't seen The Matrix Resurrections, you may want to skip out on the chapters that have "2022" and such before them.  I've created a new character and this story will split POV'S and follow him and the main story.  His will follow the new movie cannon.  He will eventually become a part of the main story, but you won't need his background if you haven't seen the new movie.  I really don't want to spoil the new movie for those that haven't seen it, so don't subject yourself to it. 

I'm so glad you decided to read this.  Its been a lot of fun to do!  Stay strong, it's a hard world our there right now!))