Aren't you all too weak?

Nihil was looking at Ena with a thoughtful expression.

"/Does any of you know what they are talking about?/" Daisuke asked to other two as they watched things unfold from the sidelines.

"/Do I look like I know English?! Of course, I don't know what they are talking about!/" Isao wasn't aware of what was going on, but something about this situation was giving him bad vibes and making him uneasy.

"/Can you two shut it, you're making me nervous./" Hayami couldn't take their behavior any longer, they tended to always overstress things which made her nervous for no reason most of the time, so this was the usual.

It was silent for a while before Nihil looked at Ena and said.

"I'm not interested." Nihil turned around and just left after saying those three words.

"... It seems we didn't get the best route, but this is still good enough, at least we left an impression." Ena mumbled to himself as he watched Nihil leave with a slight frown.

"/What happened? Didn't Ena say we had to get that dude to join our party? Don't tell me I lost the chance to live my youth for this.../" Isao was displeased with the apparent result.

"/It's not like you did anything extreme, you should just keep it down./" Hayami commented.

"/I'm sure we'll be fine, we just have to do our best./" Daisuke attempted cheering everyone up with some positivity.

"/It seems things won't go perfectly for us, but we still have what it takes to make it through. It's time for us to leave this place./" Ena announced.

Just like Nihil, they all left the cave room.

-Elsewhere-

In a dense forest, there are various trees of many different sizes and bushes, not only that but there are also animals going back and forth. These are not the typical animals from Earth, rather they are creatures known as magical beasts, animals that mutated due to exposure to high concentrations of mana, in a lot of cases allowing them to control elemental powers and magic.

Nihil was casually strolling in such a forest, and while he was walking looking unsuspecting of his surroundings, a magical beast saw this as a
Chance to get easy prey.

The beast in question was a horned rabbit, one of the weakest magical beasts, but not one to underestimate. No matter how small and cute they might look, these creatures were not only fast but also very aggressive despite their exterior look.

A white-furred horned rabbit jumped at Nihil, its speed making it very hard to perceive, and the distance as well as the angle at which it started the attack decent for an ambush, after all even if it wasn't an intellectual being, it still had instincts to guide it as a predator.

In just a few seconds it was already at 2m(6.5 feet) from impaling Nihil.

*Woosh!* *Whack!* *Crack* *Splatter*

Nihil dodged the attack by sidestepping before countering with a high kick that hit the horned rabbit in its torso, breaking its bones and sending a lot of its blood flying off everywhere around before the rabbit's body dropped dead on the ground.

[You have killed a low-tier cub(I) rank level 1 horned rabbit, you have gained 1 exp point]

"Isn't this rabbit a little too weak? And I came here expecting a challenge... At least I get exp from them, so it doesn't really matter."

He looked at the body of the horned rabbit and that hunger finally kicked in.

(I guess this would be a good chance to test using actual magic, fire magic to be more precise. Basically, I'll need combustion, and it seems I'll be able to use mana itself as the fuel and even as a catalyst, but that would come at a great cost of mana.