𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄

september twenty-second

"stay quiet! do you want us to get caught?!" charlie asked richard rhetorically, after he made some noise stepping on an old plank. "i am trying, but this building is almost 100 years old." richard answered him.
"can't we get this just done? i am pretty sure the girls are going to wake up when you keep talking." vincent said. "we are trying. who has the glue bottles?" charlie asked the other boys. "i have them and richard has the feathers, right?" theodore asked looking at richard. "no i thought vince was supposed to have them." exclaimed richard. "what? no! it was your job to take them with you!" vincent almost yelled defensively. "calm down, you're literally screaming. do you want the girls to wake up and catch us? i have the feathers so there's no problem." charls told the others and the only words you heard from then on were "thank god" richard said quietly.

"that's the first room. vincent and i are going to this one. you both are going to the next one. we will meet here again as soon as we are done." charlie said facing richard and theo. they both nodded and charlie opened the door leading right into one of the girls dorms.
their plan was simple. putting glue on everything they saw and when that was done covering it with feathers they stole form a farm earlier this day.
vincent quietly opened one of the girls' closet and began covering their clothes in glue, while charlie went to the desks and started pouring glue all over their homework. "i hope they're thankful they have a good explanation for not having their homework." he thought to himself. right when he was finished he grabbed into the big bag with feathers and threw them on the things he spread with glue before and so did vincent. when they were done they quietly left the room and closed the door.
charlie almost screamed when he saw richard and theo standing outside of the door waiting for them, because he did not expected them to be there. "damn you scared me to death." he said, but didn't get any reaction as an answer. "what took you so long?" theodore asked. "i don't know. what took you that short?" we're the words coming out of vincent's mouth. "i think we don't have time for this, i mean there are still like at least ten rooms left, aren't there?" richard said. "you're right." vince answered.

the boys were now done with almost every room they planed to do their antics in. only theo and richard were giving finishing touches to the last girls' room.
"i am glad we can walk to lake view without the bags of feathers. i would've died otherwise." vincent said in relief. "yeah me too. what time is it even?" charlie answered. "there must be a clock somewhere. we can take a look at it when we're lea-" vince didn't get a possibility to finish his sentence, because theodore and richard came storming out of the girls room and ran right to the exit door. without even asking questions charlie and vincent followed them. fast.
even when they got out of the building the first two boys did not stop running. not until the forest started.
"what the fuck happened in there?" charlie asked totally out of breath. "one of them woke up and saw us. i mean i am pretty sure she didn't recognised us because it was dark, but we decided to better get away." richard told him. "i better hope so. i mean we would definitely get kicked out of lake view if they did." vincent said. "we will see tomorrow, or should i say today? it must be like three in the morning." theo said.

the next hour the boys spend walking up all the way to lake view. they talked about what happened and imagined the girls' faces when they would wake up and see everything.
when they finally arrived at their boarding school the boys all climbed into their dorm through some ladders they hung out of their windows when they left.

"where the hell were you the whole time?" alexander asked vincent as soon as he entered their room through their window. "uhm- i-" he stuttered while trying to think of a good excuse. "were you doing a prank? like at pretbury or something?" alex asked, with a bit of excitement in his voice. "listen, please don't tell this anyone. we will immediately get kicked out when someone finds out-" vince started. "don't worry. i won't tell anyone." alex answered smiling. "wait really?", "yeah! it must have been so cool. what did you do?" he asked even more excited. "i didn't knew you were that kind of person." vincent said, with still a bit of suspicion in his voice. "well, i am only acting like this, because i want my parents' money and when they would find out about me doing anything that could ruin their reputation in any kind of way, they would disinherit me only a few minutes later." alex explained. "wow that came unexpected." vince answered and they both smirked. "i could ask the boys if you could join us when we're doing our next prank. i mean only if you want to." he suggested. "i would appreciate that so much." alex answered.